July 27 129 to move to 119.

ronton3

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 21, 2007
Saturday I was told by a visiting Dish tech trying to resolve a signal loss on one channel, Bein 392, that it was because of tree limbs. He said that on July 27, 129 the Sat he said had 392 channel, would be moving to 119 which is in the clear. Does anyone know if this is true. Thanks ron

Dish appears to be movng much programming from 129 but when, where and which channels, only Dish knows until the move actually happens.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The story we’ve gotten is that it would be in July. I never did hear a particular day though.
July 27th is my Birthday. I 'll be 61 and I will only be one year from collecting Social security and my other pension at Safeway. At 62 I will collect $1574.00 a month for Social Security and $328.25 from Safeway I worked for 12 years. I still get $1575.00 a month from the state of Texas pension and my wife gets $1525.00 a month from the state too. Can't wait till I start collecting this extra money. :clapping

July 27th is my Birthday. I 'll be 61 and I will only be one year from collecting Social security and my other pension at Safeway. At 62 I will collect $1574.00 a month for Social Security and $328.25 from Safeway I worked for 12 years. I still get $1575.00 a month from the state of Texas pension and my wife gets $1525.00 a month from the state too. Can't wait till I start collecting this extra money. :clapping
I want a new pony. :)

They will be making us go back to the old dish500 and will make a new hybrid lnb
It would make more sense economically to just start using a new two sat hybrid LNBF on new installs. There's no harm done by leaving current triple LNBF's in service. With the signal cut off, the diagnostics page would just show a red 'X' for the 129 sat, similar to what we see on the eastern arc when the older triple LNBF's are in use on the 1000.4 dishes after the 77 sat was dropped for CONUS service.

I wonder if Dish will eventually release a dual LNBF similar to the eastern arc 1000.2 LNBF for the western arc.
I mean, if they go the cheap route the current EA 1000.2 hybrid could serve that purpose just fine, they can make a variant with the same hardware that simply identifies as a “Dual Hybrid WA.2” in firmware and call it a day. Yeah, the spacing is a little off (11.2° vs 9°) but I’ve aimed for both sets of 110/119 or 119/129 before with a dual EA without any issues, not to mention people back in the day aiming their D500’s towards EA as well.

I mean, if they go the cheap route the current EA 1000.2 hybrid could serve that purpose just fine, they can make a variant with the same hardware that simply identifies as a “Dual Hybrid WA.2” in firmware and call it a day. Yeah, the spacing is a little off (11.2° vs 9°) but I’ve aimed for both sets of 110/119 or 119/129 before with a dual EA without any issues, not to mention people back in the day aiming their D500’s towards EA as well.
They could go that route, but I suspect maximizing signal levels would justify a different LNBF with the correct spacing. There's no rush of course, since the existing LNBF's will continue to function perfectly with the 129 loss invisible to most subscribers.

The Tech also told me they are going to do away with the 722K I now have and that with only one tv I should probably consider the hopper duo. Does that make sense and how soon will the 722K be eliminated. I use Apple TV for the internet streaming.

The Tech also told me they are going to do away with the 722K I now have and that with only one tv I should probably consider the hopper duo. Does that make sense and how soon will the 722K be eliminated. I use Apple TV for the internet streaming.

That's not accurate.

It would make more sense economically to just start using a new two sat hybrid LNBF on new installs. There's no harm done by leaving current triple LNBF's in service. With the signal cut off, the diagnostics page would just show a red 'X' for the 129 sat, similar to what we see on the eastern arc when the older triple LNBF's are in use on the 1000.4 dishes after the 77 sat was dropped for CONUS service.

There's a "new" piece of hardware in development to address the new standard, however once the orbital is removed from the tables the software will tell the receiver to stop looking for it and it just won't even appear in your switch matrix anymore.

That's not accurate.

There's a "new" piece of hardware in development to address the new standard, however once the orbital is removed from the tables the software will tell the receiver to stop looking for it and it just won't even appear in your switch matrix anymore.
I wasn't aware they eventually changed the matrix for the EA since I switched to using the two sat 1000.2 EA LNBF on my 1000.4 dish. Before I switched the red 'X' for 77 was still there.

I wasn't aware they eventually changed the matrix for the EA since I switched to using the two sat 1000.2 EA LNBF on my 1000.4 dish. Before I switched the red 'X' for 77 was still there.

Yea - there was some software dev that had to take place because of issues the blank orbital was causing in the tables. Depending on when you ran a check switch on your EA install is when you would have noticed...its just something that has been done to be a bit more proactive with this removal compared to how the removal of 77 ended up going down.

I wonder if Dish will eventually release a dual LNBF similar to the eastern arc 1000.2 LNBF for the western arc.
That's the plan. Going back to the 500 Dish and a modified Twin WA LNBF
That's not accurate.

Since the distance between the 61.5 and 72.1 is very close to the distance between the 110 and 119, wouldn't an EA LNBF work for WA and if we're going to 500 Dishes, a mistake in my opinion, what are we doing for a dish for the EA? Keeping the 1000.2??

That's the plan. Going back to the 500 Dish and a modified Twin WA LNBF

Since the distance between the 61.5 and 72.1 is very close to the distance between the 110 and 119, wouldn't an EA LNBF work for WA and if we're going to 500 Dishes, a mistake in my opinion, what are we doing for a dish for the EA? Keeping the 1000.2??
Given the millions of 1000.2's in the field, going back to the 500 makes no sense to me. What would make sense I believe, would be molding a new half cover for the EA LNBF that re-aims the horns for the WA spread, likely using the existing EA internals. Minimal cost, maximum signal. And with the previously mentioned reprogramming, no need for any retrofits to existing installations.