Finding Ceil 2 129W with birdog

mboron

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
Alaska
Forgive me if this topic has been discussed but I couldn't find it...anyways I can't seem to find 129 with my birdog. I've downloaded the latest file from birdog (I think) All I can find in their sat. list is "BR Dishnetwork 129W." Their website also says it was updated in April. Interesting that with my dish at 119 and my meter on 129, it registers "found" which is making me wonder if I'm using the right file. Anyways this is a little embarassing, because I tune dishes all the time including Starband G27 which is also at 129, so I know where to look in the sky etc, I'm just not getting even a blip for Dish at 129. Thanks for any help.

That's the one I use. My Birdog locks it with no problems on a wing dish. If I'm trying to lock it on a 1000.2, I have to use the Birdogs DiSeqC menu to sent the switch command manually, but then it will locks it. I don't think it locks 119, but I'll have to check that.

Thanks for the reply. At least I know the 129 file works if it works for you. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I am just using an old dish I had laying around with a single LNB to try to find it, so switching etc isn't an issue at this point for me.

Birdog in Alaska

A Dish installer in Anchorage told me that his birdog would not locate 129 due to the limited number of transponders here. If I remember correctly he said that he would have to send it back for reprograming.

Wow, that sucks! I've read on this forum that it's a pretty hot bird with the spotbeams and all. I can tune into Starband 129 with it and that is very weak compared to the other dish sats, but I've never looked for 129 before so maybe your dealer is correct. Anyone from AK on here that's had success with this?

I bet the birddog is scanning on CONUS transponders 17-32. The spotbeams on 129 are hot in AK but not the CONUS TP's. I have heard of members using 6 footers to get them in AK though.

My installer here in Hawaii was having problems finding the 129 as well. It was picking up the signal of the 119 and labeling it as 129. Caused quite a few problems here as you can imagine.

I have a supersat buddy, and to find ceil 2, I had to change the transponder to a higher one. I could also set the meter to look for the 61.5 and it could lock onto the 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)