Finding satellites with dish box

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sarcoptic

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 7, 2004
Bondurant, IA
Hey fellas I am currently a subscriber to dish network and have a 301 and a 811. I picked up my first FTA box over the weekend and currently am waiting for my 30" dish to show up. In the mean time I would like to aim for 91W to get the free radio stations and to verify everything is ok....can I use the satellite finder in the 301 to help dial in for 91W? The FTA box I got doesnt seem to have very reliable readings on satellite info. Thanks!

Sure can! I find "Wrong Satellite Bell Ex VU 91w" EVERDAY! In the satellite finder!

I may be wrong, but I would be careful about having the Bell software downloaded on my dish receiver. I remember reading something about this sometime ago, but again I may be wrong

regards
Rufus.

Your right, but I don't wait long enough to download the software, as soon as I see "Wrong Satellite 91w" I motor away....

I have stayed long enough to download the "In The Clear" and barker channels on 91w with no ill effects on the Dishnotwork receiver (Do it everyday).

If the receiver has current software from the correct provider it won't download from the other. It's a "virgin" box you have to be careful with.

I cant guarantee that it works but that’s what I heard. ExpressVu did an upgrade so their new receivers have the same screen view as the Dish receivers do (it use to have the old screen view) and one of the features was to prevent downloading the wrong software

if your 301 was activated at one point, you'll just get the "wrong satellite" when you aim. It wont download any software :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)