Finding satellites

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rambler275

Original poster
Apr 26, 2009
michigan
Hi All
I have a roof mounted Directv mounted dish, when looking for a satellite using a In line Winegard satellite finder I get a strong signal, but the info on the tv screen says wrong satellite found. The motor home is not allways perfect level front to back and side to side.If i rotate the dish farther west the meter shows a strong signal, but still wrong satellite. I am looking for sat. 101A single lmb. Do I raise the elevation and turn farther west?? Is there a meter that will tell me which satellite I found so I would know what to change. If have found Dish do I look higher and farther west? I have tried to lay out a compass plot on paper but do not know the azimuth and elevation for Dish or am I finding more satellites for Direct.
Rambler275

all receivers should give you coordinates to aim your dish (roughly)in one of the setup menus, now your meter probably only measures "gain", so if your tilt or elevation is set wrong you can be receiving a signal that will raise the meter but from the wrong bird, it cant tell the difference

The reciever and the meter show the signal, wrong satellite,what Iam looking for is a way to determine what to change. If I am on dish or the newer transponders from direct. When i first start the reciever is allways on transponder #32 and when set to the proper azmuth and compass direction I have to hunt for the correct satellite. I have been told that direct is higher in the sky than dish and more south west. If i knew the cooridinates of all satellites for dish and direct , then I would know what changes to make. My direct satellite is 101A.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts