Finding The Arc

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hi All,

In my (what seems like) never ending quest to finish work on my dish, I am finally spot on the arc.
My strongest signals which always came from Anik F1, are booming in once again with a signal of 71-76 and I have good signals from east and west satellites.
My issue continues to be the inability to capture all transponders at once on most satellites. For example on 105W I tried rotating my lnbf 90 degrees as waylew suggested and got just NASA, rotated 90 degrees the other way and I got just NBC no NASA. Is there a halfway point I'm missing to be able to get both ? On some satellites like F1 all the transponders will scan in, but only certain ones will show a signal.
Thanks in advance for any help.

John

Magic Static

I'm pretty sure the settings are correct, but will double check when I get home.
Thanks for your input...always welcome.

John

Hi, John. All good here in NE Ct.! :)

Check the ASC1 menu like Magic suggested and when you blindscan make sure that the polarity setting in the MicroHD's blindscan menu is set to auto.

When I'm setting skew, I'll usually set the skew roughly to where it should be and then just pick a strong transponder and turn the LNB, as I watch my meter, to where Q is best and that usually is the correct spot. If you have a small TV, along with your receiver, you can bring them out by the dish and use the receiver's Q scale, instead of a meter.

Try moving the LNB forward and back in the scalar as you watch your receiver's Q scale too, you might get a bit better signal.

Check for bees in the throat of the LNB too, I know it hasn't been on there long at all, but sometimes those little boogers work fast and the small center hole in the blue cap is big enough for them to fit through! :D

Reactions: JFOK
Also, make sure that in the ASC1 operation menu screen, the cursor is not parked on a polarity setting. Placing the cursor on the Horizontal or Vertical polarity will manually override the selection made by the receiver.

Reactions: JFOK
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)