finding the satelitte

avalanche1962

Original poster
Aug 9, 2011
indian land, sc
Good morning everyone. So.. last week i asked a question about finding the satelitte myself, since my roofers removed the dish to reroof and installed it back again. hence no signal.. I have a 1000.4 dish. I have aquired a signal on port one for the 72.5. Not undestanding why I could find this one on port one when its supposed to be on port two. Before the roofers removed the dish iknow i had all three sats in the check switch screen. now only 72.5 shows up in port one. so. having said that.. I removed the LNB off the dish.. there is only one cable attached to port one. nothing at all attached to the other two ports. So. how can it be that you can find all three sats if only one cable is attached? I do not have a dp44 switch by the way.. my receiver is a vip722k

so..i go out and buy me a signal finder. this morning i attach it to port 2.. i get a signal on the meter but nothing on the receiver. and i have no idea what sat i am receiving.

I do know this. I dont think the azimuth is quite right for my area.. my neighbor have the same dish and when i pick up 72.5 my dish isnt pointing the same direction as his. also.. the previous elevation of my install by the pro was set at 44 degrees when i was getting all three sats. when the zip code sheet says it should be 48.. so i am thuroughly confused.

I know i should have a guy come back out. but is 100 bucks and it shouldnt be this difficult. And besides. I am not destined to concur it!! lol

All help would be greatly appreciated..

Greg

All you need is 1 cable with a 1000.4 because the switch is built into the LNBF. Make sure all dish setting are correct. Move dish slightly to the south just a hair until you find another signal and try again with switch test. In the switch test boxes you need to have the 77 in the first box, 72 in the 2nd and 61.5 in the third. The sats are arranged by number in the sky. Lowest numbers are first and the numbers go up as you move to the west.

thanks everyone. Im learning. ok. I get 72.5 ok port one...does this mean i keep turning the dish to the west to get it on port two? getting it on port one, doesnt that mean maybe the eleveation is a little off?

i know this may sound a little crazy, but. I disconnected the cable from port one. attached a cable to port 2 so i could find the 72. I found it but it still shows in the port one slot on the check swtch.. how can that be when nothing is attached to port one?

Yes, you can put foil to make sure you won't pick up a signal on the other LNBs. Once you find the strongest signal, ex. on satellite 119, then you can adjust the dish to pick up the other satellites. Any time you make changes, you want to run the check switch so the receiver knows which satellites it should be receiving. The LNB acts as a switch, so port one will give you the same reading as port two or 3. When you are using a physical switch, you will have separate cables coming from the LNB to the ports on the switch and then to the receiver.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts