Fine tuning to best of my ability

Status
Please reply by conversation.
WRONG! If the skew is off you won't dial in all the satellites properly.
True ...

Though I've heard some claim that the correct dish skew for the Slimline dish is really only important if 110W and 119W are needed.

The 99 and 103W feedhorns though, are so close to 101W that incorrect skew doesn't affect them much. And the correct skew setting for a Slimline-3 is more a formality than anything else ...

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimbo and dcavaiani
True ...

Though I've heard some claim that the correct dish skew for the Slimline dish is really only important if 110W and 119W are needed.

The 99 and 103W feedhorns though, are so close to 101W that incorrect skew doesn't affect them much. And the correct skew setting for a Slimline-3 is more a formality than anything else ...

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
As long as it's correct. If it's off, then you have to adjust it.

Reactions: dcavaiani
Yes he did. If the skew is set incorrect, you won't get all of the sats.

I do get them all and am close to the suggested minimums. However, if skew calls for 77 and mine is slightly off, at say 78 or 76, could that be important? Never did recheck that closely since I set it quickly on the ground.

I do get them all and am close to the suggested minimums. However, if skew calls for 77 and mine is slightly off, at say 78 or 76, could that be important? Never did recheck that closely since I set it quickly on the ground.
It will make the adjustments more difficult. Best to get it right the first time.

Reactions: dcavaiani
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)