Status
Please reply by conversation.

dragon002

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
DONORA PA
dudes,

just got back from a "swap-session " with comcrap, its subs and a couple of verizon employees and subs. there were a total of 20 guys there drinking and bull sh%tting.

FIOS FOR THE MASSES........they busted out in laughter. you dont have DSL, no FIOS. remember how long you waited for DSL, expect at least that long or longer for FIOS.

and we all worked together for years. ya know when they have to sell us spools of coax......well...gotta love the cablecos.....keep cutting thier pays, they make it up somehow. the telephone cable spools are appreciated also.

and before someone says it .....i sleep like a BABY

dragon002 said:
dudes,

just got back from a "swap-session " with comcrap, its subs and a couple of verizon employees and subs. there were a total of 20 guys there drinking and bull sh%tting.

FIOS FOR THE MASSES........they busted out in laughter. you dont have DSL, no FIOS. remember how long you waited for DSL, expect at least that long or longer for FIOS.

and we all worked together for years. ya know when they have to sell us spools of coax......well...gotta love the cablecos.....keep cutting thier pays, they make it up somehow. the telephone cable spools are appreciated also.

and before someone says it .....i sleep like a BABY

Oh this isn't like DSL not by any means. Phone companies in the more rural areas just never bothered with DSL as they most likely had no cable company. The customers in the more city like areas always had faster cable internet options that they as phone companies just couldn't compete with so why bring DSL when they couldn't even offer 1-10th of the speed of cable. Also cable could bundle internet with cable. Now with all that said what is very different now compared to the start of the DSL days.

1. "Telco companies are at risk of losing phone service customers to both cable and VOIP companies and that wasn't a risk like before. Because of this they also needed to offer a bundled discount as tons of customers would rather have one bill for phone, internet and video services and we know that cable companies won't bundle with the telcos now and we also know that the telcos bundling with DirecTV and Dish can only last so long. The bottom line is that for the first time the Telcos are at risk of losing their entire phone business. So most telcos felt that upgrades needed to be made to compete in a triple play of phone, internet and video. But that triple play must be able to compete not only in price but in internet speeds as well which current DSL just cannot keep up on. Current DSL also cannot handle TV service as we know. Well fiber to the curb and fiber to the home were the only two options to work with for compete in both price and service speeds and TV offerings.

I hope this give everyone the general idea of why the Telcos will offer this service to everyone unlike DSL and why they will do so before 2010 and most areas will have it before 2008. The longer they take the more phone customers they will lose "and" the quicker they roll this out the more they have to gain in both internet, phone and video services. They cannot afford to slow up on this and they also cannot afford to quit either. It may cost them tons of money but sometimes you must spend money to make money. They could spend nothing and in 15 years they won't be in business or they could spend money and in 15 years have a better future instore for them than now and be making a profit and gaining more and more triple play customers. We also know that tons and tons of people have a real hatrid for their cable companies so this can only help Verizon in the next five years won't it. I still have a bad taste in my mouth everytime I watch Scifi in analog on Bright House Networks and I always say to myself this is the fricking 2000s. That is a horrid bad taste and that is the tip of that bad taste. Pricing and the lack of new requested channels are the first and second worst bad tastes in customers mouths with cable. I know tons of people who always say come on my bill is 3-5 bucks more a month now and they didn't add one new channel expect two shopping channels with stuff I can't even afford without making over 100 grand a year. That is a bad taste.

Also just to clear this up I wasn't directing these comments at you but to people in general. This is my two cents for this continued cat fight. I love cat fights don't I.:D

Well said Longhorn. I just love how these prophetic (although pathetic may be more accurate) experts (chemically imbibed no less) spout their know-nothing nonsense. Ugh! On a more positive note, our Cable Choice Now Coalition (Virginia) submitted language included in Senate Bill #706, which passed 15-0 yesterday: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=467563#post467563

- Expect a major build-out of FiOS in Virginia (Texas, Florida and NJ for that matter).
- Expect to see a major response by the Cable companies.
- Expect to see a major shakeup in the DBS marketplace. (D* and E* cannot complete against the triple-play and homerun. They will have to consolidate assets and perhaps focus on providing niche services or pull a rabbit out of their collective hats)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)