FIOS Internet Price Increase

garlandtxuser

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Garland, Texas
Has anyone else recieved the notice of a price increase for the 15meg Internet service.:eek: I am curious because it appears that they are trying to force customers to use their phone service by increasing the costs of the Internet and offering a discount to do their triple plan. :hungry:

Just an FYI for anyone that has not recieved the notice. The increase is 13.00 more per month. This is an outrage!:mad:

At those rates I will have to consider going back to cable Internet just out of principle.

Well, they have to pay for the new guide since they are developing it in house. ;)

Seriously, tho. I think you can sign up for a year and get the discount rate.

http://www22.verizon.com/content/consumerfios/packages+and+prices/packages+and+prices.htm

Shows $50 for the 1 year, and $58 month to month.

To be honest, they have just hooked you and are now moving their prices in line with Comcast. Comcast's 6Mbps service is $58/mo without cable ($43 with).

-John

The "principle" argument sounds interesting, but speed is much more addicting than principle in the case of Internet access. :)

Last I checked, our area of Garland (which should get Fios really soon now) was Time-Warner (or was that someone else?) now, not Concast. They seem to be doing some shuffling. You may want to check yours.

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)