FIOS Menu/Updated Programming

garlandtxuser

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Garland, Texas
OK, I gave it some time and now I will post. I was really pissed last weekend when, after recording 11 hours of HD content of new shows before the writers strike, I turned on my set and box and low and behold everything from Friday night back was gone. No, not completely gone. It still showed as space used, but the shows were not available on the menu. OK, been there and seen that and lost programming to boot just a few weeks back on the other box by resetting it, so I contacted VZ. They informed me that I 'might' lose recordings and they reset the box remotely. Yup, I lost everything.

Now, what really perturbes me is that this is a know bug and has yet to be fixed. In fact, it was known while the software was in alpha and beta testing and was not fixed before they rolled this crap out to all of their customers.

Here is my advise to anyone looking to move to FIOS. DONT DO IT. This is a drastic change from my previous advice. If I were not in a contract with them I would switch this week.

Now, off topic, but still more problems. Billing. Need I say more. They had a problem with my credit card processing, not my problem but theirs, so it just quit and allowed me to be late. They then send a late notice, no regular invoice. I call, get online and make a payment, and they say they will start paper billing me, at my request. Next month rolls around and no bill. Then, low and behold another late notice shows up. Within a couple of days another one with a different amount. Not that this was unprofessional enough but a day later another showed up with an entirely different amount. I called. THe billing clerk informed me that I actually owed a completely different amount than the 3 late notices sent. Whew. How hard is it to send a real bill? I guess it is easier to send late notices!

Again, if you are thinking of switching from your current service I would recommend that you wait at least until later next year. Maybe by then they might get their act together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts