Fios Power Consumption

boch82

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 21, 2005
I recently placed and order for FIOS and when I called Cablevision to set up a disconnect they kept giving me reasons not to switch, but of course would not lower the price to where it would be better than the FIOS deal.

They told me my electric bill will go up 20%, which I find very hard to believe. I know it will go up a little but how much does it actually go up?

The FiOS ONT does consume alot of power. Mine draws about 250w at all times.

So here in NE, it costs about $0.04/hour at all times, or $1/day.

Many have complained to FiOS about the cost for the power.

Everyone I have spoken too in person who has FIOS and who has it on AVSforum says you are mistaken. Their power bills have not increased. Their first response was it must be some cable scare tactic by a cable shill.

The FiOS ONT does consume alot of power. Mine draws about 250w at all times.

So here in NE, it costs about $0.04/hour at all times, or $1/day.

Many have complained to FiOS about the cost for the power.

total FUD

the ONT takes about 11-12 watts to run, this has been accurately measured by folks with KillAWatt devices, etc (http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r177...or-ONT-and-BBU)

I am ashamed that a satguys founder is spreading this. It makes the rest of us Founders look like shills, etc and lessens or credibility when someone asks us for help..

I am ashamed that a satguys founder is spreading this. It makes the rest of us Founders look like shills, etc and lessens or credibility when someone asks us for help..

:smug:smug:haha:haha

Hope you have a sense of humor, vurb. :)

:smug:smug:haha:haha

Hope you have a sense of humor, vurb. :)
When have I given out inaccurate info on satellite service or any other service for that matter, neophyte. I have never acted as a shill for ANY company or service. Some people here hate me but honestly its because I speak the truth no matter the provider. I'd suggest you go do your homework.

total FUD

the ONT takes about 11-12 watts to run, this has been accurately measured by folks with KillAWatt devices, etc (http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r177...or-ONT-and-BBU)
I had my wife go to the garage and plug-in the ONT through our KillAWatt (forgot I purchased one back when I wanted to see how much power our 622s were drawing). As always, she thinks I am crazy. Anyway, she reported that it was using 14.8 watts which is a far-cry from the 250 being mis-reported in this thread.

Next up, I think I'll have my wife take a reading on the ActionTec router just to see how many watts it draws and if it is considerably more than a Linksys, etc.

Does anyone know how many watts the ActionTec draws?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts