FiOS: Real Cost?

I stand corrected. The website says "Offer valid through 9/19/09. Must install by 11/19/09.". I read on another forum that it was ending this month. There may be hope for me yet as I wait.

Now the have the 3 for 2 bundle deal for six months in place of the netbook/flip-cam deal...nice alternative. I see here that it is for all FiOS bundles.

Last edited:
I just wanted to add the real cost savings of having FiOS is to actually receive the HD channels you're paying for and not that HD-Lite stuff being passed-along by the satellite and cable companies. Satellite and Cable customers have been bilked out of their hard-earned duckets and buckazoids for years.

Has anyone ordered FiOS through one of Verizon's stores? I went into one on lunch to look at their phones (looking at the BB Storm and Samsung Opt) and one of the reps stated that he sales FiOS too and I could get setup from the store. He also stated that they have some more unadvertised deals (discounts, freebies and rebates/credits) they can offer in the store along with the advertised deals. I didn't go into too much details due to time, but wanted to get a general census on doing this.

Also I stumbled across MyFiOSGuy as another alternative ordering spot. Any experience with this site?

No one with knowledge of MyFiOSGuy?

I have personally used him and was very happy. Through Verizons refer a friend I also referred 28 others to Steve (verizon allows 12 to get a special bill credit while Steves referral fee is unlimited). These were all work colleagues, neighbors and family members and all had a pleasant experience (one had a problem with her install and subsequently canceled but that was not steves fault).

Rebates came through as visa gift cards and were a little slow but thats not steves fault. apparently verizon scrutinizes each sale and holds it a little longer than their rebate, but otherwise everything worked out fine.

FYI - Verizon does tend to screw their bills up so check it carefully.

you can check his "followers" out on fatwallet and slick deals.

Through Verizons refer a friend I also referred 28 others to Steve (verizon allows 12 to get a special bill credit while Steves referral fee is unlimited). These were all work colleagues, neighbors and family members and all had a pleasant experience (one had a problem with her install and subsequently canceled but that was not steves fault).

What is the "credit" for this?

Rebates came through as visa gift cards and were a little slow but thats not steves fault. apparently verizon scrutinizes each sale and holds it a little longer than their rebate, but otherwise everything worked out fine.

How long did you have to wait for it?

I spoke with Steve and he seems like a nice and trusting guy. I also have searched for as much information about him and he seems legit. The only issues I've seen were with and because of Verizion (no surprise based on others posted experiences), but were all resolved fairly quickly. By going through Steve, I'm able to get the Premium Bundle for the same cost as the middle bundle online ($119 triple play) after adding in my rentals and before taxes. I do Have one more person to check and see if they can beat what Steve offered me.

spider4re - I'm still wondering how long it takes for the rebate though. I found the information on the referrals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts