FIOS Roll-out? Indiana on the listing?

mhutsell3

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 7, 2004
Noblesville, IN
I can find no information online about their roll-out plan. Does anybody have a report of what their roll out plan is? I am living in Northern Indiana and we have Verizon Phone service here. They currently have Comcast here for Local Cable and they have NO HD offering and they are saying that it will be years before the local ComCast organization has us upgraded to support HD TV.

Any help here would be appreciated. :)

What part specifically do you live in NE Indiana? Fort Wayne/New Haven are currently the only portions of the state that are currently even on the radar for Indiana. Most of Fort Wayne and New Haven are currently live and the remaining areas should go live next year sometime.

If you live outside of these areas, you probably won't have a good chance of even hearing anything for 2-3 years at a minimum. If you live in a rural, small community, or remote area, it may be a long time if ever. When Verizon came out to my work place pimping the FiOS service, a co-worker who lives up in the Angola lakes region asked if it was ever coming up to his neck of the woods and the response was vague, but basically don't count on it by the end of this decade if ever.

Actually I live in the Logansport area. We do have DSL and currently we are on D* satellite. I hate the HD offering but it is better than nothing since the Comcast service company here says that it will be 2010 before they even think about upgrading this system. The system here has been through about 7 differerent hands over the course of the last 7-10 years.

I guess all I can do is hope. We are a very large Verizon Coverage area but are surrounded on the south and east by SBC and the north by Rochester Telephone Company.

:)

Being in Logansport, it's going to be a while. You have the disadvantage that you have no large cities around you. Verizon has done other smaller cities, but always in conjunction with a larger metropolitan complexes. Since you don't have anything you can piggyback on. You are also a significant distance from a city that would be likely be getting it soon as well. Lafayette would likely come first.

I live in Ft Wayne, and I have fios internet, however fios tv isn't even on the radar for Indiana yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts