FiOS TV Incompatible with Static IP

BSummers

Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
Just a word of warning for anyone who has/is interested in FiOS Internet with static IP addresses, and is also interested in FiOS TV: the two will not work together. Does anyone know why? The Verizon tech on the phone indicated it was an incompatibility at the ATM router, but didn't know the specifics, or if the problem would be fixed someday.

In any case, the service rep who took my order a few weeks ago wasn't aware of the conflict, and it wasn't until the day of my installation when Verizon decided to cancel my order (without even any notification :mad: ). Oh well...at least I hadn't yet cancelled with my previous provider. <sigh>

BSummers said:
Just a word of warning for anyone who has/is interested in FiOS Internet with static IP addresses, and is also interested in FiOS TV: the two will not work together. Does anyone know why? The Verizon tech on the phone indicated it was an incompatibility at the ATM router, but didn't know the specifics, or if the problem would be fixed someday.

In any case, the service rep who took my order a few weeks ago wasn't aware of the conflict, and it wasn't until the day of my installation when Verizon decided to cancel my order (without even any notification :mad: ). Oh well...at least I hadn't yet cancelled with my previous provider. <sigh>

It's a known issue and has been discussed on DSLreports. You will need two (2) ONTs installed. One guy in MA was successful in getting the second ONT installed.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,15837651?hilite=ont+business

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,15819619

Right, I have business FiOS Internet with static IP addresses. They installed the second ONT yesterday here in Tampa with FiOS TV. A new line had to be buried as well.

When I was investigating going with FiOS TV, Verizon told me that it would be no problem to get a second ONT installed.

Fortunately, I didnt have to worry about it since they use those crappy Motorola DVRs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts