Fired from dish.

You could have just asked too. As I recall transferring unnecessarily gets them into trouble (even on request.) I wouldn't think they're discouraged from escalating to supervisors, but that said due to the above, supervisors wanting to deal with you is probably a different story. They are still issuing quotas last I heard and you have to have a handle time (time between picking up the phone and hanging it up) of about 2 minutes I think. You have 30 seconds to actually pick up the phone to begin with (who wants to take a poke at that one?)

The first words out of most peoples mouths is "I want to talk to your boss." Most of those can actually be dealt with by the CSRs. That said, I've had people give me that line before (which is just insulting in my position,) and I've told them no. They hang up, they call back, and they wind back up at my desk. *shrug* But then again, I'm not them so...
This is not a slap at the CSR's..The way I see it is if I am attempting to serve the customer my requests should be honored without delay, so as along as those requests are within the rules and authority of the CSR.
That's in a perfect world.
Our Dispatchers aften have to esacalate issues due to uncooperative CSR's.
This is a waste of their valuable time.
This is not to say the system isn't any good. I think it runs reasonably well.
Most CSRs are knowledgeable and most of the newer hires seem eager to learn. I had one yesterday ask for my advice on w/o modifications. I asked him if he was a new hire. He said he was. He admitted he had not yet had the opportunity to build a w/o from an on site tech. So I walked him thru the process. He was concered about the new w/o date being three days from yesterday. I assured him that was fine and that I would have my dispactch find the w/o and pull it into our grid. I also advised the CSR that is was fine to complete a w/o prior to the scheduled date. He thanked me for my help. This particular CSR is going to be a good one if he hangs in there long enough.

IIRC, this site used to be blocked from Echostar domains. A couple of years ago, I tried to get on from work to see if I could, and DBStalk came up when I typed it in. However, when I tried to get on Satelliteguys.us I got a page that simply said something like "Sorry, Charlie. Access unavailable from this domain" or some such thing.

That was done for a specific reason and only for a short time. It was discussed here at the time too. IIRC It had the desired effect.

See ya
Tony

walmart! there are websites that are anti walmart, if u work for them and get caught on one either posting or just being a member instant termination!!! no ifs ands or buts about it !! And if a company *thinks* they can do this, how do they control or enforce it ? the same way dish does
Most companies now have rules of conduct for when your not at work but representing yourself as an employee of the company and its not something unique to walmart for that matter. So let me ask you this, your the owner of a business and a disgruntled employee gets on a site and starts bad mouthing and slandering your business for everyone to see that you would be perfectly fine with that?

Last edited:
Most companies now have rules of conduct for when your not at work but representing yourself as an employee of the company and its not something unique to walmart for that matter. So let me ask you this, your the owner of a business and a disgruntled employee gets on a site and starts bad mouthing and slandering your business for everyone to see that you would be perfectly fine with that?
I didn't suggest I was okay with it, I was suggesting that once you leave the work premises and aren't using a work computer and internet connection, it's awfully hard to "track" who someone is. Let's pretend I'm a Dish TSR in "Whatever City, Whatever State". I may come on here, pick a username that has NO relationship to my real name, a nickname I might use, my location, etc, etc. I would leave my location blank or better yet, say I'm from a location thousands of miles away.

I guess my point is, if the employee is smart enough to cover their ass, they "can't" get caught. Tell me this, where is zero327 from ? What job position does he hold at Dish ? I think he (or she ?) has done exactly what I said above....

It all boils down to what are they will to do or spend to find out. They can trace the IP or release false info to suspected individuals and see what gets posted and by whom, until they narrow it down. Seems like a lot, but I have seen them do it.

It all boils down to what are they will to do or spend to find out. They can trace the IP or release false info to suspected individuals and see what gets posted and by whom, until they narrow it down. Seems like a lot, but I have seen them do it.
Yes, they do have "tricks" they can try. It just depends on how much effort they want to put into it....

Very well put! All unions do is take away performance based pay and rewards the lazy.

Ya rite, I am sure all those offshore CSRs are unionized in India, and it is because of Unions E* openned offshore call centers.

Try corporate greed; because Dish certainly didn't pass any cost savings off to the subscribers.

LOL they are not in india. They are in the phillipines. They get rotated like every 3 months thats why you get reps that dont know anything. Only way to get a rep in the us is to call the spanish line. All spanish speaking reps speak english and well better than the phillipines dudes. I dont blame them tho, they are trying hard but since their country requires them to rotate job every 3 months or so.. not everyone gets trained.

I think a great outsource would be mexico, you got the kids that went to the us high schools and speak very well english and are willing to work for less than 60 dllrs a week.

But noo they have to stick it to us with the far away countries.

Maybe more call centers in the us too ?

LOL they are not in india. They are in the phillipines. They get rotated like every 3 months thats why you get reps that dont know anything.

I love it when someone states something as fact that has no basis in it...

This statement is incorrect. Two out of three sentences of it if you want to get really technical.

They have a call center in India and a call center in the Phillipines that I believe does cold calls / sales calls as some of the members on here have said that the csr's that called them had a Phillipino accent when they were trying to sell them service.

Union had nothing to do with Charlie and Company opening up overseas call centers, its cheaper labour wich is why so many other companies have done the same thing. Charlie's done a pretty good job of keeping the union out of all but two dns facilities and one of them is almost gone as its down to a couple of techs.

Actually those India call centers could be a thing of the past this year. :)

Lets hope!
is that puire speculation on your part?...Not askinf fro specifics. Just want to know if that is a possiblity..Number one complaint by my service and DIU customers is having to deal with the offshore call ctr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts