Do you Actually watch HBO/ Showtime/ TMC/ Starz/ Cinemax?

Do you Actually watch HBO/ Showtime/ TMC/ Starz/ Cinemax?

• Yes

Votes: 219 70.2%
  • No

Votes: 88 28.2%
  • I Dont, But My Family Does

Votes: 5 1.6%

• Total voters

BASDSucks

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 14, 2006
PA
I just canceled all my premium channels because i NEVER watch them, and the 1 show i did record is on hiatus until august.. I will be doing the same with the HD channels when the new packages come out because the only ones i watch are in the AT250 w/ Locals... so back to the poll..

I also think the premiums are overated. However, if the rumor about the HD feed of the 4 major premiums(HBO, SHO, MAX & Starz) for $10 a month becomes reality I will add that in a heartbeat.

I gave a yes vote for only 1 reason. Max for 1 penny/year for 2 years. I'd watch any of these channels occasionally. The probem is that there isn't enough non-repeating content to justify the cost of the movie channels.

Now 1 penny is a different story.

I voted no because I rarely watch those movies, instead, I watch TCM and Fox, occasionally IFC. Those old movies are better than the junk Hollywood has been making ever since they decided that graphic violence, and car chases were the formula.

I gave a yes vote for only 1 reason. Max for 1 penny/year for 2 years....
Same here.

FWIW We had Starz for "free" with the sign-up promo. We used it to get caught up on old movies we had never seen. Even though we had only seen about a dozen movies in the last 2 decades :eek: it only took about 3 months to watch everything we cared to see. By then the repeating content became very obvious and we canceled at the end of the "free" promo :)

Talon Dancer

I only watch the hd versions of the premiums so if they would allow a $10.00 hd pack for just premium channels, I would drop AEP to top 250 + 10.00 hd pack +10.00 Hd premium pack.

I watch the premiums very little. Just with AEP and multiple DVRs, it does not really cost much more, and I get NBA HD.

without the premiums (Mainly Premium-On-Demand) id hardly watch tv.. Only a few shows I watch anyway on "non-premium" channels and i dvr those.

I said yes....the main reason for having pay tv....the premiums. I am one though that can watch movies over and over so I enjoy them very much.

Just got the penny Cinemax, mainly for my wife who loves to watch movies. We have well over 100 (probably closer to 200) DVDs, but sometimes its just too much effort to go through the cabinet and the boxes and find the movie she wants to watch. She has a small number of favorites that she keeps close at hand, but other than that she is watching whatever comes up on Cinemax, one of the Encore multiplex channels, or LMN.

I voted YES, but only because I like to watch HBO and Showtime for the boxing.

I sign up for 1 day, and watch the fight, and then it is gone. It costs me about $1(maybe a little more) to watch a fight which is nice.

I have a Prepaid(Dish Now/Ya) box which allows me to do this using the Green Dot Moneypack. Just signing up for 1 day and then it being gone after that until I decide to sign up again.

Good way to keep costs down, and is about as close to A la Carte as one can get now.

It is a great/cheap way to watch premiums. Especially if they only have 1 or 2 shows you may like.

Would definitely be doing it this way of THE SOPRANOS was still airing new shows on Sundays.

Would sign up for Sunday, going into Monday, watch/record the program, then do the same the following week until the it runs out(13 episodes per season which is not that long).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)