Do you Actually watch HBO/ Showtime/ TMC/ Starz/ Cinemax?

Do you Actually watch HBO/ Showtime/ TMC/ Starz/ Cinemax?

• Yes

Votes: 219 70.2%
  • No

Votes: 88 28.2%
  • I Dont, But My Family Does

Votes: 5 1.6%

• Total voters
Hey, What's this Cinemax for a penny deal? Did E* call you with an offer to upgrade. I have HBO and Showtime already...

Hey, What's this Cinemax for a penny deal? Did E* call you with an offer to upgrade. I have HBO and Showtime already...

This was brought up last month right here on this site. I am not sure if it's still available. Somebody else can chime in on that one. If it is, just call them and ask about it. A penny a year good for 2 years. Nobody from Dish called me on that nor did I see anything on their site. You must however, go for paperless billing and autopay to qualify. If you already have one or both of these still, no problem. All you need to do is ask and you will receive but again, only if it's still available.

I voted yes but Cinemax for a penny is all I have right now as I had the Showtime deal but I just cancelled that a few days ago. I had that 3 months of Showtime deal but only watched that once. I am getting much more of what I like from Cinemax. I thought "Epic Movie" was a riot.. lol

Overall I think the premiums are way over priced at their regular prices and I can and will live life without them. If it's true about all the HD premiums for $10.00 extra, I might go for that but I have not made up my mind for sure.

I would probably cancel the premiums but we have two dvr's and they waive the DVR fees if you get the AEP so it, in effect, only costs $18 per month for all of the premiums.

I can say that I will be re-evaluating the AEP after the price changes come and we may make adjustments in our household. At a minimum we may scale back for a while as we watch our archived 120+ HD movies (500 gig and 320 gig externals with another 500 gig on the way). I am too much of a 'movie pack-rat.'

I voted yes. Has Showtime for months and probably watched less than 10 movies the whole time - along with Dexter....switched to Cinemax and probably watch several movies a week....well worth that penny I paid:)

I watch for the boxing.

When it comes to Showtime, that's about it.

We took the rebate deal last fall, and my wife watched her first Showtime movie last Sunday. I'll be canceling in less than two weeks.

I've watched a bunch of fights, though.

I wish I had Starz, but I'm not willing to pay the freight. When I had it in my regular CBand package I watched regularly.

I do watch Max (ah, the 1 cent deal), TMC, and Encore fairly often. They don't rotate the movies enough for my taste.

Last edited:
I like Starz/encore but thats it... I wouldent pay for the other 3 (If I had them on the cheap I might watch a movie every now and then). I did have free showtime for about a year on D* and almost never watched it Sho has got to be the worst (but it is a Viacom network so no supprise there).

IF they did offer just the HD premium channels like Hbo /showtime/starz/cinemax for $10.00, I would go with this and the 10.00 hd pack and be quite happy. I really don't watch the sd versions much since we went hd 4 years ago.

I still pay for the premiums with AEP so I don't have to pay the dvr fees but with the yearly price increases taking AEP w locals over 100.00 this year, I might have to reconsider subbing to AEP. IT has increased over $30.00 now since 2001 when it first was offered for 69.99. I don't think that DISH or DIRECTV will make much money off of this pack or the Premeir pack since it keeps rising every year and the country is entering another recession. I just wish DISH would follow DIRECTV and cover all dvrs on their dvr advantage pack . THis would make the decision so much easier.

I have HBO/Cinemax with BHN... $10 a month for both with On Demands and HD HBO. No HD Cinemax yet. I do watch these channels enough to make it worth $10 a month for sure.

I also have Showtime with BHN for $12.99... it has On Demand as well as HD of the main Showtime East Channel. I watch Showtime less than I do HBO/Cinemax. The $12.99 isn't a big deal, but it is not as worth it as HBO/Cinemax which is cheaper and I watch more. If I had to drop anything it would be Showtime. By the way, TMC is not packaged with Showtime on BHN. I do not get the 4 channels of TMC with BHN, as they would cost $12.99 but include the On Demand. TMC is just not worth it. I do however get the TMC western feeds with Dish 250, but never watch them. TMC is the worst of the premium channels these days. As a kid in the 80s we always envied those with TMC because they played all the best sleazy and action packed movies. R rated movies during the day even, which was nice to see as a kid.

In both above instances, BHN cable has EVERY multichannel of all 3 (Actionmax, Thrilermax, Wmax, @max... Showtime Beyond, etc...). Dish does not have every multichannel of these premiums.

I carry my Starz Subscription with Dish and watch Starz HD only. My family watches the SD varieties. It is worth the $12.99 or whatever I pay.

My next step involves dropping Dish and going strictly cable. I'll switch my Starz on with BHN (no HD or On Demand) and only 5 multichannels. I'll skip TMC unless they bundle me a deal with cable, which they probably won't. I think cable should throw TMC in with Showtime like sat does but they don't, and it does not stand on its own for $12.99 a month in my opinion.

In closing, I love the premiums and will watch more of them when we get more of the multichannels in HD. My HBO/Cinemax for $10/month I would never drop I don't think. I've had that deal grandfathered in for years with BHN. Those of you who also have BHN should call and try to get HBO/Max for $10. I think their regular price is $12.99 each. BHN is easy to make deals with if you are nice and get a cool CSR. If you get a bad CSR, hang up and call back. They have plenty of good ones that are helpful.

As for Dish... I'll miss the DVR and that is about it. Having no On Demand or all the multichannels of a premium leaves a lot to be desired.

I like Starz/encore but thats it... I wouldent pay for the other 3 (If I had them on the cheap I might watch a movie every now and then). I did have free showtime for about a year on D* and almost never watched it Sho has got to be the worst (but it is a Viacom network so no supprise there).

I like movies so the Starz/Encore package is perfect for me. They have some good movies that I would have missed when they were in the theatre or DVD release but I got catch up on Starz.

Not big fan of HBO or Showtime though.

I never really paid attention until recently... i ended up dropping them all... then i realized about the 1 cent cinemax so i added that... but i didn't often watch them when I did have them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)