Do you Actually watch HBO/ Showtime/ TMC/ Starz/ Cinemax?

Do you Actually watch HBO/ Showtime/ TMC/ Starz/ Cinemax?

• Yes

Votes: 219 70.2%
  • No

Votes: 88 28.2%
  • I Dont, But My Family Does

Votes: 5 1.6%

• Total voters
No never watch them. The only reason I have them is I am an everything pack subscriber and I have 5 DVR's.

If I canceled the premiums my bill would be higher.

Wow I seem too be the exact opposite of everyone here. We don't have time to go to the movies much, and at the cost of going out to the movies HBO/MAX at $21 is a bargain. Even if there is only three or four movies in month we like, add to that stand-up comedy shows, and HBO produced shows and we get our money's worth.
I know we are talking about premiums, but the movie pack that comes with the Dish AT250 is something that I watch all the time also. And while it takes a longer time to be shown, there are channels of Starz and Showtime in that pack that eventually show many of the same movies without having to subscribe to them.

Wow I seem too be the exact opposite of everyone here. We don't have time to go to the movies much, and at the cost of going out to the movies HBO/MAX at $21 is a bargain. Even if there is only three or four movies in month we like, add to that stand-up comedy shows, and HBO produced shows and we get our money's worth.
I know we are talking about premiums, but the movie pack that comes with the Dish AT250 is something that I watch all the time also. And while it takes a longer time to be shown, there are channels of Starz and Showtime in that pack that eventually show many of the same movies without having to subscribe to them.
No your right on target with everyone. The Poll says it all. I would bet money that about 70% of E* and D* customers subscribe to at least 1 premium pack. I would go as far to say cable customers as well. I only know of one person that doesn't subscribe to atleast 1 movie pack. Thats my Mom! But not for long!

What do you guys watch, the networks situation comidies. A good HD movie on HBO or Starz is worth more than all the situation comidies on the networks. Scott, what do your record on 5 dvrs. Do you ever watch any of it. Or is it an archive thing.

I only have 1 cent cinemax, but I've gone through and DVRed a bunch of HD movies. Nice to have options when there's nothing on live TV. Not sure I would pay full price for one of those channels though.

I voted no because I rarely watch those movies, instead, I watch TCM and Fox, occasionally IFC. Those old movies are better than the junk Hollywood has been making ever since they decided that graphic violence, and car chases were the formula.

I'm an AEP sub but I totally agree on your assessment on Hollywood movies made today. Rarely do they make anything worth sitting through. All Hollywood thinks that matters is special effects, graphic violence, and language (and sex which is the ultimate turn off for me in a movie). All of that takes away from a good story IMO.

another thing that made me cancel my premiums is that if i want to watch a movie, i can download it, i can take the 22$ a month cost of them and put it to a usenet subscription and get as many movies/tv shows as i want..

I've had HBO and Showtime for years for the original programing but I dropped HBO for a while only recently picking it back up to catch the final season of The Wire.

I think with the writers strike there won't be much reason to subscribe for a while.

I watch a lot of movies on the premium channels only because I never go to the movies or rent them. So, all of theses movies for me are first run and worth it.

Once I got all the premiums, I quit renting. I just wait for new movies to make it to one of the channels. I still buy some that I just have to have, but not as many since I got the Ext HD enabled.

Looking at MLBurks Avatar reminded me of Tales from the Crypt... another one from the premiums :D

That's what it is. Tales From the Crypt was the ONLY original show that I absolutely loved from any premium channel. There has never been anything like it since and probably never will be again. I caught up with it again recently on Chiller when I was with DirecTV. Man, I wish E* would add Chiller.

Now that we have Cinemax for $.01, I just scan through the whole week every few days and find anything on the HD channel we haven't seen that looks interesting and set it up to record. For example, I recorded Blood Diamond this weekend.

We had showtime during the Weeds season, but cancelled it once the season was over. HBO used to have 6 feet under, but since then we haven't subscribed.

I also think the premiums are overated. However, if the rumor about the HD feed of the 4 major premiums(HBO, SHO, MAX & Starz) for $10 a month becomes reality I will add that in a heartbeat.

Would that feed be even though you do not currently subscribe to any of the premiums? Who is the source for the rumor? If so when is this available? Thanks

I have HBO/Cinemax only because they were free for 3 months.In the first 2 months,I found 1 movie worth watching.I watch more on the free encore movies. If they have the penny a year deal next summer I will pay that.In my opinion,that is about all Cinemax or HBO are worth.I may look more into Starz,it seems a better fit to my interests.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts