Firefox crashes +Linux

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
I tried running with the adblock extension OFF last night, and tonight, browser crashes both nights, twice tonight already. There was a recent new build of Firefox for Salix64 Linux, which I'm running, so it could be related to that. Currently it shows "FirefoxESR 24.5.0" . I'll try again later with ADblockplus off and see if I can crash it again,lol.

I think I'll stay with 28 for a while. But it certainly crashes a lot, and I've got the video bug that distorts text, but I have hundreds of tabs open, so.......

I use linux mint with firefox, it looks like I have version 29. I haven't had any issues. I see you mention Salix64, I recommend using 32bit still since the 64bit linux operating systems seem buggy.

pickone I am strongly thinking about going back to 32bit version pretty soon, probably when the next version comes out. Now I remember that the Firefox before this version came out not too long ago and I had problems with it too on several sites. Other people running Salix must have also because they released a "fixed" version after just a week or so. Maybe there will be another bug-fix release for this version too.

pickone I am strongly thinking about going back to 32bit version pretty soon, probably when the next version comes out. Now I remember that the Firefox before this version came out not too long ago and I had problems with it too on several sites. Other people running Salix must have also because they released a "fixed" version after just a week or so. Maybe there will be another bug-fix release for this version too.

When I had the 64bit version of linux mint installed, my laser printer would often not work, it worked perfectly fine when I went back to 32bit...Too many strange things happen, and or don't happen on 64 bit.

I'm an Aptosid 64-bit user with Iceweasel 24 (I'm at work now, so can't get any more specific) and have had no issues with it. (I don't use AdBlock, but I do have a huge /etc/hosts file, and I wouldn't see the ads anyway.) Definitely avoiding 29, as I'm using it at work and am generally unhappy with it.

I'm also avoiding systemd for as long as I can.

- Trip

29 loaded itself, without asking. I think it downloaded in the background, which is fine, but did not ask to "upgrade." My wife was using my machine and started up FF. She called out that it was installing an update. Couldn't stop it. By the time I got there, it was a done deal. We told it to restore tabs and I went away. She yells out the screen is black. Then FF tries to restart. Then - BSOD. This is double ungood as I was working on several open emails, which have now no doubt been closed. I will have to try to find them again. I just hope it restores my tabs, at least.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I just looked at mozilla's site, I didn't know they were already up to v29 on Firefox, this one on Salix is 24.5.0, so maybe they hold back their almost-automatic updates for awhile before pushing them out. Generally I will allow the Salix updates as they have been reliable in the past, they're a picky group it seems, which is good. I think a big part of the problems us 64bit users have is that Flash quit producing 64bit updates for linux, what's available hasn't been very good either.

Most linux distros modify the original, and are a few releases behind, when they release an updated version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)