Firefox Gets a Brand New, Even More Customizable Design

I usually keep Firefox and Chrome both around because sometimes I have issues with one or the other and it is good to have backup. It is good to use Explorer once in a while when something will not work in Chrome or Firefox.

I just updated FireFox. I seen what someone was talking about the forward and back arrow. The forward arrow is only displayed if you have visited more than one webpage (if it needs to be applicable or not). If you haven't visited any other webpage yet then it is not needed therefore it is not displayed. I really like how the FireFox 29 looks. Very nice touch. I like how when you go to the "about firefox" that it automatically updates to the newer version and does so quickly without having to go to the website to do it and without having to go through install steps like one usually has to go through when updating certain softwares.

There are always security problems with Chrome. Homeland Security's CERT vulnerability list lists Chrome issues at what seems like at least once a month.
Sure enough, the JavaScript engine of Chrome, V8, scored a 7.5 out of ten for a security issue last week. V8 has been a veritable bugfest for a while. I think the current release is 34.0.1847.134.

-----8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------
google -- chrome Integer overflow in api.cc in Google V8, as used in Google Chrome before 34.0.1847.131 on Windows and OS X and before 34.0.1847.132 on Linux, allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact via a large length value. 2014-05-06 7.5 CVE-2014-1736

Thank you. I vaguely remembered there was some reason I didn't load it on my reimaged machine.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I have always used Firefox since I first heard about it's security benefits over IE back in my early days of using the internet. I never switched to Chrome when it came out because Firefox never gave me a reason to.

Another reason I don't use Chrome is because google is probably the biggest advertiser on the internet. I use so many of their services already out of convenience but I know they are using that data to sell targeted advertising. I used to see ads in gmail directly related to the message I happened to be reading at the time. The fact that they were scanning my personal email messages to sell advertising space just felt wrong to me. They either aren't doing that anymore or my adblocker (disabled for sat guys) is preventing me from seeing it.

I just figure that I give Google enough of my personal data without letting them have my complete web browsing history as well. I feel more comfortable using an open source project like Firefox that isn't run by a massive advertising corporation.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand. I just got the update yesterday and so far I like it. It has a more modern look than the older versions and it feels a bit faster to me as well.

Just tried it on the netbook,complete and utter hatred at first sight.Make it look like old FF does absolutely nothing.Googled around a bit and found Palemoon,based on FF looks like old FF,goodbye FireFox.The main puters will stay on 28 or move on to Palemoon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts