Firefox- I finally made the move!

I tried it but had to go back to IE7...too many sites won't load properly in Firefox....Ebay especially is a mess.....I liked it, but for me it won't work properly. :(

NEVER, ever have I had ANY issues with Firefox and accessing or displaying sites; especially Ebay or any other secured, etc sites like my banks and CC's; other than MAYBE 2 or 3 that were IE/Microsoft sites.

Maybe you simply have a user prescribed setup issue.

pogo, quicktime , flash and java are all fine with Firefox. Make sure you have theright plugins installed.

I also use these sites without fail. Here is a screencap of me logged into Pogo and playing spades with Firefox.

ESPN uses MacroMedia and flash and that also works fine for me and Firefox.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    194.2 KB · Views: 193
thank you so much i tried this after the download the speakeasy site still didnt work right clicked on the tab and switch to ie view and it worked so i could take the speed test thanks.

I tried that speed test with FF and had no problems, didn't use IE tab.

I also use these sites without fail. Here is a screencap of me logged into Pogo and playing spades with Firefox.

ESPN uses MacroMedia and flash and that also works fine for me and Firefox.

I'm having problems with Quicktime site, do you?

If not is there anything you changed, I have the plugin, but they never work.

This site I have problems with when I want to watch a trailer.

Apple - Movie Trailers

I have no problem whatsoever with that site. what version of firefox are you using? I would stay away from nightly releases and alpha and beta releases.

What addons do you have. By that I mean themes, extensions and plug ins?

What addons do you have. By that I mean themes, extensions and plug ins?

Addons- Adblock, All-In-One sidebar, Customize google, cute menus, downloads in Tabs, Fasterfox, forecastfox, Get mail, google bar, IE tab, Paste and go2, Tab mix, toolbar buttons, United States Dictionary, and British English Dictionary.

Themes- Noia 2.0 is the one I use.

I have all the main plugins.

Well problems can exist due to conflicts with an extension, yhe wrong plug in installed---or a quick time installaton that was done before Firefox was installed.

I'm having problems with Quicktime site, do you?

If not is there anything you changed, I have the plugin, but they never work.

This site I have problems with when I want to watch a trailer.

Apple - Movie Trailers

Sorry for the delay, I was out eating with family...

Nope, nary an issue with freezing, crashing or compatibility EVER. Here is a screencap of me on the Apple site (your link), viewing trailers with the Quicktime plugin with Firefox.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 126
Sorry for the delay, I was out eating with family...

Nope, nary an issue with freezing, crashing or compatibility EVER. Here is a screencap of me on the Apple site (your link), viewing trailers with the Quicktime plugin with Firefox.

Thanks for the response, it's obviously some incompatibility with my copy of either FF or Quicktime, I have all the plugins and it still doesn't work, I might try re downloading it and putting it in a different directory.

Here is a screenshot of the same page you were at.

Attachments

• Capture (25,06_06_55).jpg
    Capture (25,06_06_55).jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 146
Well problems can exist due to conflicts with an extension, yhe wrong plug in installed---or a quick time installaton that was done before Firefox was installed.

Fixed it, must of been a conflict problem. plus I downloaded an older version of quicktime and it works, thanks for the help Geronimo and Charper1.

Attachments

• Capture (25,09_06_11).jpg
    Capture (25,09_06_11).jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 141
So far I like Firefox as it loads all my sites I go to with no issues, much faster than the latest IE crap. Wish I had IE 6 back though!

But I found one thing I do miss from IE and that is the ability to load my favorite website URL.s by name in a left sidebar. Help me out on this one. Is it possible?

TIA

One of the best plugins I've used is called Vertigo. Rather than placing the tabs horizontally across the screen, it places them in a seperate vertical pane when you have two or more tabs open in a window.

Here's a screen shot of this browser:

screen-vertigo-web.jpg

Cheers,

So far I like Firefox as it loads all my sites I go to with no issues, much faster than the latest IE crap. Wish I had IE 6 back though!

But I found one thing I do miss from IE and that is the ability to load my favorite website URL.s by name in a left sidebar. Help me out on this one. Is it possible?

TIA

If I understand you correctly try this.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1027

Attachments

• Capture (29,13_06_13).jpg
    Capture (29,13_06_13).jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 129

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)