Firefox- I finally made the move!

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
After months of frustration with IE7 slowness and freeze ups, I just had it tonight and decided to jump ship to Firefox! What a difference. I should have listened to all you before but this software rocks! Loads about 2x as fast as IE7 and a hundred times faster when IE decides to take a snooze. The features are well laid out, a bit different but I was real impressed with how Firefox installed all my bookmarks from IE7 during installation.

The biggest surprise is the spell checker built in. I'm sure there's more but after 10 minutes of use. That's all I have to say.

I honestly don't know why it hasn't replaced IE all together yet. If everyone tried it out I think it would be an even split or an outright firefox win.

I've been using IE and Firefox for the past 6 months together and IE doesn't even compare. I love Firefox especially the spell checker as Don noted. The speed difference is also extremely noticeable. I am usually a Microsoft fan but Firefox blows the pants of IE handily. Even the add blocker add-in is awesome.

I've been a Mozilla Firefox user for over 3 years now. I use IE only when I sign into my MSN account and for checking Windows Update. The whole "Safari for Windows" thing recently rated a yawn from me because I see no reason to leave Firefox.

I tried it but had to go back to IE7...too many sites won't load properly in Firefox....Ebay especially is a mess.....I liked it, but for me it won't work properly. :(

Attachments

• theme.GIF
    theme.GIF
    132.5 KB · Views: 261
Yeah, its a great theme, I also installed the other two recommended addon's so that it gives the complete illusion that I'm running IE7. It also goes well with the Windows XP theme I have installed.

I tried it but had to go back to IE7...too many sites won't load properly in Firefox....Ebay especially is a mess.....I liked it, but for me it won't work properly. :(

Ebay works fine with Firefox. I haven't had any issues with sites loading in FireFox in a long time.

ok so I finally installed firefox as well, I have an issue with one site I goto that uses java for video, do I have to redownload the java plugin for firefox?

so far im noticing that firefox is much quicker in loading websites, however anything that needs java wont work. so I wanted to know if I need to reinstall the java plugin from their site, actually I will just try that. I just thought once you had java on you computer it would work with whatever browser you have.

so i went to speakeasy to try and run a speed test with firefox, get i have to download a new verison of flash. download load it, had to restart firefox go back to try the speed test and I get a broken Quicktime movie file image. When i try in ie7 it loads fine.

pogo, quicktime , flash and java are all fine with Firefox. Make sure you have theright plugins installed.

i just downloaded all the plugins from their site, the flash java and quicktime and for whatever reason im not able to get them to work these sites to work

i just downloaded all the plugins from their site, the flash java and quicktime and for whatever reason im not able to get them to work these sites to work

In your address bar type about: plugins(with no space between the words), and it will tell you what plugins are installed.

There are some sites that FF just doesn't work, it's not FF's fault, it's the web designers fault. But there is an extension you can get called IE tab, if you go to a site and it doesn't load, just RT. click on the site and select view in IE TAB. You can also view windows update with this extension.:D

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

BTW, FF tab browsing is much better than IE.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 315
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
There are some sites that FF just doesn't work, it's not FF's fault, it's the web designers fault. But there is an extension you can get called IE tab, if you go to a site and it doesn't load, just RT. click on the site and select view in IE TAB. You can also view windows update with this extension.:D

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

BTW, FF tab browsing is much better than IE.

thank you so much i tried this after the download the speakeasy site still didnt work right clicked on the tab and switch to ie view and it worked so i could take the speed test thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)