firewire setup question for fios hd dvr

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
not sure how to set this up.

connected a firewire cable from the fios tv box to my computer. the ballon in the bottom right hand corner identifies the box. when the windows install box pops up to install the software i have to cancel it because i don't know of any software. can't find anything on my cpu that says it is hooked up.

any suggestions?

i found the drivers from an avs forum thread. my only problem now is that i get the "code 19" from windows saying it will not install properly.

anyone have any ideas on how to fix that without reinstalling windows?

korsjs said:
i found the drivers from an avs forum thread. my only problem now is that i get the "code 19" from windows saying it will not install properly.

anyone have any ideas on how to fix that without reinstalling windows?

First I have no idea if this applies to Verizon but are you sure the firewire port is active on the Moto box itself.

korsjs said:
when i plug in to the box i get the three ballons that pop up on your computer indicating new hardware found.

Their is a difference between a firewire connection be activated and authorized. So your firewire port can be activated within the box software which it turn means that Windows XP for example will detect new hardware "but" if the software hasn't authorized the firewire port it cannot and will not send data (video) over the port.

korsjs said:
not sure how to set this up.

connected a firewire cable from the fios tv box to my computer. the ballon in the bottom right hand corner identifies the box. when the windows install box pops up to install the software i have to cancel it because i don't know of any software. can't find anything on my cpu that says it is hooked up.

any suggestions?

I have the HD/DVR from FIOS and was able to get it installed via firewire just fine not too long after I received it..........HOWEVER..........you will not be able to capture anything except local channels to your computer, as they have the "broadcast flag?" turned on, and it is looking for another 5c compliant device. At this time, the only things are the DVHS, and the AVHDD that you may have seen at your local audio/video store that they are using to show HD demo material!

I have a Liteon LVW-5005 DVD recorder that accepts firewire (SD only). Do you know if it will talk to the HD DVR over firewire? Or is it also looking for that flag?

Thanks,
-John

i am not sure. i have not been able to get mine to work at all due to the registry being messed up. i am going to have to reload windows to get it to work. will do that in a month or so.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts