Firmware Upgrade

Glorystar receivers have some customizations in their firmware (or so I have read). You can upgrade your MercII with firmware from the manufacturer, but you'll lose any of the features that Glorystar has in store for your receiver (like automatic channel mapping and possibly EPG functionality?) when they release that functionality.

If you're going to upgrade, I'd keep a copy of the currently loaded firmware so that you can go back incase Glorystar releases changes that you would really like. Other than that, the only other issue I see is that some manufacturers will not support your warranty if you've flashed your receiver with different firmware, so you might check your warranty first.

The latest version is V4.54

If you wish to upgrade to the latest Factory Firmware, save the channel list (Channel Backup) in the Factory Reset menu, install the new firmware and if the channels and switch settings are lost, reload the saved channel list (Channel Reload).

Any word on the OTA that Glorystar was working on? Have they got it working yet?
Also has anyone heard anything about Liberty Channel coming on board?

The OTA signal is currently being transmitted and tested. Many tests to be passed, repeated and repeated then repeated again .........

No new word on Liberty Channel. Keep letting broadcasters know that they would be watched if they broadcast FTA!

GloryStar1

I also have the Mercury II and the firmware version is 4.51. Where can I download the newer firmware and how do I install it? Thanks for the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)