First 12 months are over...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

metfan69

Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
I just called Directv about my bill.The first year is up and the promotion price comes off.I have Choice Xtra Classic with 3 receivers (1 hd dvr).They told me my bill will go up to around $117.00.They said there is nothing they can do with the price right now.The woman said to call back after the next bill to see what they can do.I can't imagine they would lower the bill back to anywhere near where it was.I'm aware that the price would go up,but I thought they would do something to keep it reasonable.BTW that $117 includes a $25 payment for Sunday ticket untill its paid off,but it's still $92.00 a month after that.Has anyone had any luck with keeping the price down,I like Directv,but I will go back to cable to keep the price down.

Thanks

I just called Directv about my bill.The first year is up and the promotion price comes off.I have Choice Xtra Classic with 3 receivers (1 hd dvr).They told me my bill will go up to around $117.00.They said there is nothing they can do with the price right now.The woman said to call back after the next bill to see what they can do.I can't imagine they would lower the bill back to anywhere near where it was.I'm aware that the price would go up,but I thought they would do something to keep it reasonable.BTW that $117 includes a $25 payment for Sunday ticket untill its paid off,but it's still $92.00 a month after that.Has anyone had any luck with keeping the price down,I like Directv,but I will go back to cable to keep the price down.

Thanks
Well....
You knew this was gonna happen when you signed up, right ?

I would wait till your next bill and call back.

They often will give discounts, but nothing like the 1st year discounts you agreed to, those are for the New Subs generally, which you used.

Now there's something you don't read everyday. "I like Directv,but I will go back to cable to keep the price down."

Thanks

I usually get an average of 30-40 bucks off my bill on discounts but I have the Premier package so that may be why i get more off it :)

When i had premier all they gave me was 5/month off starz and 5/mo off cinemax, so 10/mo off for 6months, total 109.99 plus receivers and mrv fee and what not, what all did they add to giv u 20-30. I love directv for service, but ended up dropping down to entertainment since i never really watch the premiums. And all the channels i watched regularly were in tht package. 55/mo isnt terrible for a base package comcast starts at 68 w.o promos. Altho both companies charge for extra boxes, comcasts dvr sux, hd is extra, etc..

Does this indicate the Dish commercial about the average Direct customer paying $100 a month is correct?

yes. and the average dish customer pays 95 a month
if you look at the services of each for comparable packages and comparable recievers the prices are within a couple of dollars for a 2-3 tv setup

if you have 5, 6 tvs ect and a dvr, not a client or mirror, at each one direct wins, or used to unless dish dropped its fees

When i had premier all they gave me was 5/month off starz and 5/mo off cinemax, so 10/mo off for 6months, total 109.99 plus receivers and mrv fee and what not, what all did they add to giv u 20-30. I love directv for service, but ended up dropping down to entertainment since i never really watch the premiums. And all the channels i watched regularly were in tht package. 55/mo isnt terrible for a base package comcast starts at 68 w.o promos. Altho both companies charge for extra boxes, comcasts dvr sux, hd is extra, etc..

Last time they gave me $5 off max,show,base package,starz for 6 months and $6 off Primary tv fee and $8 off hd dvr for 6 months and $10 off sports Package for 6 months for a total of $54.00 :) It depends on who you get as the rep and sometimes you have to keep calling back to get more :)

Last edited:
Last time they gave me $5 off max,show,base package,starz for 6 months and $6 off Primary tv fee and $8 off hd dvr for 6 months and $10 off sports Package for 6 months for a total of $54.00 :) It depends on who you get as the rep and sometimes you have to keep calling back to get more :)

They just know what a great guy you are and deserve it!! :) (though when my 2 years are up I'm going to have YOU call for me ) :D

Thanks
Everyone gets a deep discount for a period of time when they initally start service. Instead of being perpetually on the lookout for a "deal that no one can get but you", be alert of the money saved during that first year.
Look, pay tv is not for everyone. If you believe you are paying too much for tv no matter what, then by all means, cancel your service at your earliest convenience.
Remember, the discounts you demand reflect directly on what others must pay so you can get tv on the cheap. Hate to appear harsh but....pay your fair share

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)