First big tick off with the hopper

Breathing Borla

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2009
Illinois
if you have movies on an EHD and you no longer have the stations you can't watch them any more. With my 722 I could record stuff over free preview weekends or I also had a bunch of movies from EPIX when I had paid for that channel (I no longer do) and you can't watch any movie that is not a current paid subscription channel on the hopper. I tried playing off the EHD from stuff I had recorded with my 722K and also tried transferring them to the hopper and playing, no go each time. It says this is not a paid channel

error 013

That sucks as I have a bunch of movies that I had recorded on my EHD that I can't use now. This will also be a PITA to go though all these and figure out which ones work and which ones don't

Made your title a little more family friendly..;)

But I understand the rant!

if you have movies on an EHD and you no longer have the stations you can't watch them any more. With my 722 I could record stuff over free preview weekends or I also had a bunch of movies from EPIX when I had paid for that channel (I no longer do) and you can't watch any movie that is not a current paid subscription channel on the hopper. I tried playing off the EHD from stuff I had recorded with my 722K and also tried transferring them to the hopper and playing, no go each time. It says this is not a paid channel

error 013

That sucks as I have a bunch of movies that I had recorded on my EHD that I can't use now. This will also be a PITA to go though all these and figure out which ones work and which ones don't

Can you please send me your account or phone number in a PM? I will try a few things and report this issue to our engineers if we are unable to resolve together. Please let me knwo, thank you!

Can you please send me your account or phone number in a PM? I will try a few things and report this issue to our engineers if we are unable to resolve together. Please let me knwo, thank you!

info sent. thanks for trying to help. I am not trying to use anything that wasn't free or that I didn't pay for before. I just want to be clear about that.

all the movies I recorded worked with the 722 and EHD, even if you recorded it over a free preview or changed packages later, ect

I've recorded stuff from both paid and free preview HBO and watched them later on my ViP722s after HBO went away. I hope this isn't a new policy. Doesn't seem to have anything specific to do with the Hopper, if it behaved the same with your ViP722K.

I've recorded stuff from both paid and free preview HBO and watched them later on my ViP722s after HBO went away. I hope this isn't a new policy. Doesn't seem to have anything specific to do with the Hopper, if it behaved the same with your ViP722K.

it has everything to do with the hopper. it worked this morning from my 722, you could play anything you wanted. as soon as my hopper got installed it was error 013, not paid channel.

Please let us know if this gets resolved. I will be in the same boat next weekend when I swap to a hopper if this is not resolved. I had a bunch of stuff taped from when I subbed to HBO and would hate to not be able to see them after the "upgrade".

Interesting... most everything I have on EHD are old concerts from VOOM. The stuff I recorded from pay stations I still have a subscription to those channels.

Everything plays fine.

For some reason when I connected my EHD to my receiver in the living room it isn't showing up. When I unplug it, it says USB device disconnected. Not sure what's going on since it worked on my Hopper in the basement.

Interesting... most everything I have on EHD are old concerts from VOOM. The stuff I recorded from pay stations I still have a subscription to those channels.

Everything plays fine.

I think you summed it up, you still have subscriptions to what is working. if you don't have a current subscription, your SOL.. all the ones I still have subscriptions to are working fine.

Whether it's supposed to be behaving like that is one thing, but what disturbs me is that the mere possibility was ever coded into the system to begin with. There should be no reason for it to be so.

This is something we need to be kept up to date on, but hopefully others will try playing something from a channel they no longer get and let us know the outcome. It is way to early to make any conlusions based on one poster, from a new instillation of a brand new product....
As for the coding - we don't even know it has anything to do with that either.

Could be the way that the HDCP token authentication is working now that HDMI is mandated on the hoppers for HD. I know I have my 722 hooked up with component cables and all is well without the HDCP needed. If you don't have a current subscription the HDCP token is not authenticated for viewing. That would royally suck.

got a pm back from dirt, and they sent an activation code to my unit and I still have issues. Some of the recordings work and others don't, odd. I have HBO recordings that work and others that don't, same with epix. I have neither station right now. any recording I have from current subscribed stations work

sent software version to dirt per their request.

for example I just watched Indiana Jones last weekend on my 722K and EHD recorded from epix 2 when I had that station paid for, now it will not play..error 013

Are the recording that work older? Perhaps after HBO started restricting recording to only HDCP? Is the particular TV different than the one where the recording was initially made; perhaps it "thinks" digital recording are being moved to a non-authorized TV. Just a few thoughts.

Scott said that his VOOM recording are still working though. Those have been gone for years.

Yes but that could be coded for Scott's current package... The reciver doesnt know if the channel is gone or not on the recording, its just looking for the package flag. Lets say Scott had AEP then.. and has AEP now, the program is set for 120... He would be able to see it as he has AEP now and is above that package level. If scott now dips down to the family pack, then it wouldnt play because its lower than what the package flag was set for.

Are the recording that work older? Perhaps after HBO started restricting recording to only HDCP? Is the particular TV different than the one where the recording was initially made; perhaps it "thinks" digital recording are being moved to a non-authorized TV. Just a few thoughts.

it's the same set-up I always had, 722K and EHD, same audio, tv, ect. recordings vary in age and station. various epix and hbo don't work. I was wondering if a channel lock prior to transfer has something to do with it. I had epix locked out on the old guide after I didn't;t use it any more, I had to enter my code when playing from EHD or dvr for the few stations I had recordings from to be able to play them. it has the logos for the epix though in the new menus for the hopper even for the ones that don't work..I don't think that's it.

really odd, there seems to be no pattern to why some work and some don't.

anyone else have EHD movies that don't work any more after the hopper install? it doesn't matter where I try and play them from or transfer to and play from

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)