First big tick off with the hopper

ok, update.

mary b temp authorized epix and asked me to tell her what happened,

all of the epix recordings work, I can play off EHD direct or hopper hard disk. so it has to be that the system is checking what you are trying to play and what your subscribed to currently and not at the time of recording

I am recording a new one right now and will test in the morning,

Brittney spears concert, LOL. just the first thing it was on, I swear;)

ok, update.

all of the epix recordings work, I can play off EHD direct or hopper hard disk. so it has to be that the system is checking what you are trying to play and what your subscribed to currently and not at the time of recording

That's what they all say... :D

ok, update.

:eek: that would be a keeper here.:luvlove::D:D

I hope this all gets straightened out by Dish because I, too, have ALOT of Voom content and ALOT of premium movie content (HBO, Showtime, TMC, Starz), and in this economy, we are considering stepping down from AEP by getting rid of the Premium movie services. I expect to be able to watch the numerous movies I have on more than one EHD to make up for the loss of premiums. If I couldn't view my premium or Voom content after downgrading, that would really be bitter pill from Dish, IF this is NOT a bug and this is how Dish intends it.

I would really appreciate from DIRT if they can tell us if this is a bug or this is how it is gonna be, and we have to get used to it. So far from this thread, it would seem to be a bug since they are experimenting with the OP and his problem. I'm just saying this had better be a bug as I have invested quite a bit in EHD's on the belief that I could always view the content as long as I have some type of subscription with Dish.

So, DIRT, is tech considering this a bug?

Had a Hopper installed this afternoon and am in the process of transferring a bunch of movies to it from an EHD. I know I have some that were recorded during a free preview period of some premium channels, so I'll test and post again when the transfer is done.

Maryb has helped me out. she put epix on my account til April 6th while they look into this. The big question is when this goes away, will the access to my old movies go away too. I still have a recording on HBO that won't work. Others on HBO and all the max movies work. This is coming across as a bug because I think if they purposely designed it not to allow this nothing would work.

still have no idea what is going to happen when epixs go off...

please report back if you can or can't access moives from your EHD that you no longer have the channels for

There's so many posts/threads I can't be sure, but this appears to not be a universal thing.

yea, there are way too many threads on the same topic since tons of people are upset over the upgrade issue.

I'd bet not too many people have tried all their old recordings yet.

I think it's pretty clear that the DVR is checking to see if the customer currently subscribes to the package. The implementation of how to check is where the bug(s) is/are. The "check" is clearly there though ! :-(

This is the sort of code that can easily be slipped into updates for other receivers as well. Not sure if I have any recordings from free previews of channels I don't get anymore that would be impacted by this. It's pretty bad that when we have the previews of various movie channels, for instance, that we find nothing of interest !! :)

Interested if the OP got the EHD recordings straightened out. I asked at the other site, got a response and an email that indeed movies from channels they no longer subscribe to can be watched. I still don't see posts from people that they outright can not watch non subscribed to recordings so it appears to be a very limited problem?

Just checked mine and I am seeing the same problem. I can't watch any movies from EpIx or Showtime. I currently do not subscribe to either. The HBO movies seem to work fine. I am not currently an HBO subscriber.

Interested if the OP got the EHD recordings straightened out. I asked at the other site, got a response and an email that indeed movies from channels they no longer subscribe to can be watched. I still don't see posts from people that they outright can not watch non subscribed to recordings so it appears to be a very limited problem?

I am still on the temp EPIX authorization (so I have epix 1-3 so it doesn't say I am not subscribed) so I don't know yet about epix which are where the majority of my recordings that don't work are. I also have an HBO movies that doesn't work.

oddly enough, the max movies work.

so it seems that the hopper is checking what we are subscribed to and the software seems buggy from there. We'll see what happens when my epix preview runs out shortly. I will then report that back to dish per their request.

I haven't read much from people playing recordings from channels that they no longer subscribe to.

Just checked mine and I am seeing the same problem. I can't watch any movies from EpIx or Showtime. I currently do not subscribe to either. The HBO movies seem to work fine. I am not currently an HBO subscriber.

thanks for checking. that's what mine is doing. The one thing we know for sure is that the hopper is checking what channels we are subscribed to prior to playing recorded movies from the hard drive or EHD.

Wow... This is a major issue if this happens to everyone... Making me think twice about going to Hopper/Joey from my 722Ks...

We'll see what happens when my epix preview runs out shortly. I will then report that back to dish per their request.
I don't understand why as part of testing they can't turn "on" EPIX on your account, test, then turn it "off" and test again. Waiting a week or a month isn't going to change anything. I think that's called stalling ! :D

I don't understand why as part of testing they can't turn "on" EPIX on your account, test, then turn it "off" and test again. Waiting a week or a month isn't going to change anything. I think that's called stalling ! :D

I have a feeling it's not going to work so I was just enjoying them while i could...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)