First channel you saw when you aimed your first FTA dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
CONGRATS! That's an AWESOME feeling, isn't it?

I remember well when I FINALLY hit my first satellite. 9:40 pm in the dark, atop my shed roof in the spring of '06. Took me 2 weeks (I was trying to aim like you aim a DTV or E* dish - looking at the meter). Anyway - now your fun can really begin!

we were worried you were going to fall through the roof when you got G10 ;)

Around 1988 or so I ran across a home made 12 ft dish (made out of pipe and heavy screen wire) and a receiver and motor with all the cables at a yard sale about 4 blocks from our house. I got it all for $50 and luckily we
had our 14 yr old sons help load it up in the pick up and drag it back to our house. I had some instructions on paper and the manual plus some hints from the seller. I didn't have a post set and I wanted to see what I could get so I laid the monster on the ground and put concrete blocks under it to kind of point it towards the clark belt.
The 1st thing I found was Dr. Gene Scott, man was I happy to find out the dang thing worked....
Last Feb 2007 I set up my FTA system and it felt like old times Dr Scott was still there !
I have 2 dishes one on G26 and the other on G10.
The ku dishes are easy to move compared to that 1st 12' monster I got so cheap!
I also bought my dnet equip at Sears xmas eve 1998 and set it up mysel (I called in and got it turned on about 11 p.m. ( cold and drizzling that night)
All Satellite fans I believe are really driven to the extreme, its like fishing in the sky!

My first was beginning of last summer, dish and motor temporarily mounted in a bucket full of concrete with a fence post coming out.

I pointed to what was then IA5 and got one of the foreign language channels on the first transponder.

I nearly flipped!

Only been doing the FTA thing for 3-years. Don't remember the first channel I saw, but the first one I watched was Planeta on AMC4. Watched the Bulgarian music videos for a couple of hours in amazement. Sadly, the channel is encrypted now.

BIG ED'S show was HOTTT

Big Ed and his piano with his adult fare. Really Hot! He was on the Playboy channel which was in the clear at that time. Anyone remember Big Ed? Any one ever see the show at Blazing Pianos in Orlando a few years ago? Anyone remember the Playboy Channel?:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)