First FTA receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Coolsat 4000 for me. I bought the whole package for around $250 if I remember correctly. Three foot fortec star and a stab motor, still using dish and motor.

Here is my first FTA receiver. Viewsat Ultra 2000. The pic shows 97w, the first bird I tuned.

ForumRunner_20120420_181941.png

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

First receiver was a Sonset with a 30" Ku dish and lnb from Galaxy Mktg. Think it was a $99 deal at the time. I was thrilled being able watch all the stuff on 97W and moving the dish to watch the Equity mux on 123W....those were the days. Fortec Star Dynamic was the second receiver and it's sitting in the garage with the first receiver..gathering dust
..Blind

Started out with a Fortec Mercury II with a 90cm dish and a rotor. Switched to a Viewsat Max HD about the time PBS was starting up their HD channels on AMC21. Still have the same dish and rotor. I haven't seen anything that requires DVB-S2 that would entice me enough to upgrade the dish and receiver.

Pansat 330A, in 2002, still have it but is not used. It has a great pic but SD only and no blindscan. I already had analog equipment. My first channel to aim for was the old Equity mux at 118 (yes, they were there on a Canadian sat before being migrated to G10).

I'm amazed at the diversity of brands and models out there.
Without actually counting, it looks like Fortec was the most popular.

For a while there were lots of new models out almost weekly. Sadly most of them were not made for the FTA crew yet the people selling them would tout them as "the newest and the best"....yet they lacked a lot of basic FTA functions.

For a while there were lots of new models out almost weekly. Sadly most of them were not made for the FTA crew yet the people selling them would tout them as "the newest and the best"....yet they lacked a lot of basic FTA functions.

It seems that, in many cases, the "new" receivers that came out were variations of older, existing receivers. Some were probably knock-offs of existing hardware as well...

Fortec Lifetime in '03, not Ultra, so no blind scan. Used it for a couple years before upgrading to a Coolsat 4000. AZBox Premium now.
_
Neil

Mine was a Pansat 300. I still have it and the box and the manual. But it might take me awhile to find it again.

pansat 2500 and I still use it for dishpointing

Sonicview 8000HD - still using it for both DVB and OTA broadcasts - and still using the DVR capability. Had to replace a few capacitors in the power supply and find the right firmware without the eyepatch features but since doing those things it's been fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts