First FTA receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Fortec Star Dynamic, which I bought as part of a package with Sadoun in 2009..Would have been $129.00 separately I think..Was a good entry level receiver..Recently acquired an Openbox S9 for free through a member here..The Dynamic is used now for aiming with a small TV at the dish..

Pansat 300A. Still have but don't know if it works. It did when I got something different. Makes me think of giving it a try and see if it will pick up anything.

RT.
Pansat 300A.jpg

Last edited:
GeoSat Pro 1100c.
Although I have been in electronics and commercial satellite for over 40 years, I didn't get into the hobby side of this until two years ago. Bought the Glory Star package. It took me several days to find my first signal. Same as previously posted, CCTV on 95w. Wow was that fun! The GeoSat had every feature you could ever want. But the popularity of DVB-S2 caused me to move on. The new GeoSat will be a welcomed up to date receiver.
The GeoSat 1100 has been passed on to a good Christan friend.
Cool thread Iceberg!

pansat300 (still works) , followed by a 2500a, then a twinhan 1020a, then a pansat 3500sd (5 of em), forgot about the viewsat 2000 xtreem (easy to do) , then an openbox s9

Hyundai HSS-100 (September 1997).

The Hyundai HSS-100 was the first consumer DVB receiver that I installed for a customer. Boy, DVBS was a steep learning curve in those days with all that digital parameters that had to be precisely entered and limited information during the early days of the Internet.

Sonicview 8000HD and the first channel I found was the Amazonas2 promo channel on 61w. The SV still has my favorite signal meter because it uses a line graph for S and Q.

BEC 6600+...made by Benjamin Electronics, circa 1999 or thereabouts. I don't have it (I sold it...sold several of them actually) but I do still have a couple of BEC 2000+'s. I had wanted a Nokia Mediamaster for awaile before than but didn't have the funds due to an illness.

Last edited:
My first was a Coship 3188C, I think it was among the first blind-scanning receivers, wish I could remember the place I got it from. I still have it, but it hasn't been used in several years. It's prehistoric compared to the boxes today, only held 16 satellites, I believe, but a few hundred channels. Scanned ok, but would'nt move a motor, some early variation of diseqc protocol was in it. Locked up damn near every 10minutes scanning-a 4:2:2 feed or most HD feeds would lock it up tight!
Infuriating! But I found it was excellent for aiming dishes, you could call up a known active TP on any satellite, and move the dish around, if you got anywhere near a signal the little meter would start flickering. A learning experience, somebody needs this thing for their museum, it was early in 2006 when I got it, and it was old tech then.

my first dvb receiver prosat 3500 still works still got it, but have not use it in a while very limited on number of channels it could lock in ,great for low symbol rate stuff back then

Mine was the Viacast 2000 that I paid $60 for back in 03 and boy what a pile it is now compared to other machines

But very limited...no motor, 10 transponder entry...yes 10 TRANSPONDER entry, no channel edit option, loads the whole transponder so if scrambled channels are involved it logs them too, the meter sucked. It only showed signal if you were on the satellite and the TP is programmed in and working....

Bought a Pansat 1500 in early 04 for $150 :eek: but it had blind scan and a motor option

still have both

My first FTA receiver was the Viacast 2000 as well. Purchased it on EBay. It was black with a pink sticker saying to never turn it off since it was used in a school. I gave it to the trash collector about a year ago.

yep the same. And the front panel was disabled except for the power button

still have mine

Pic of it and the Pansat 1500 that I still use sometimes to aim dishes with :)

Attachments

• PICT0093.JPG
    PICT0093.JPG
    782.1 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts