First impressions of Direct receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

camo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
Nebraska
First impressions of Direct receiver HR20-700C-R seems a little cumbersome setting up favorites guide. Maybe I’m missing something but never could find just my subscribed channels so had to wade through every channel and figure out what was subscribed and what wasn’t. It’s a real pain compared to the Dish 722 that clearly gives subscribed channels and even all subbed HD channels.
Couple other issues can’t get remote to work properly with Onkyo SR876 AVI receiver. Found the code but it won’t control the volume without changing selector switch to AV-1. Volume wants to default back to TV even when I finish code with 993 and then push (select) button. Also getting a big delay 4-8 seconds hooked up with HDMI cables when changing channels going through the Onkyo SR876.

I am pleased with the HD local baseball and basketball games tonight. Dish is only showing the Suns and D-Backs in SD. I’ll be keeping Dish 4 more months.
Any ideas on the remote problem appreciated.

Turned off the 1080p upscaling on the receiver, and went with through put. Now only couple seconds changing channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)