Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here is a first look at the pictures I will be posting later from the 2006 CES Preview show.

Overall there were only 14 companies there displaying products. And the products they were displaying we really not even home theater related (such as a number Roomba Vaccum cleaner, etc.

But we did see some cool stuff.

i like the RCA Air Mouse, while Rob Hancox liked the bright yellow 1 terrabyte NAS box. Sean Mota on the other hand liked the HDN Camera crew from VOOM. :D

More later, I am working on the video now. :)

Attachments

• timessquare1.jpg
    timessquare1.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 210
  • m fuel.jpg
    m fuel.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 228
  • airmouse2.jpg
    airmouse2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 211
  • airmouse1.jpg
    airmouse1.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 183
  • gary shapiro 2.jpg
    gary shapiro 2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 175
  • gary shapiro.jpg
    gary shapiro.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 177
  • hdtruck.jpg
    hdtruck.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 199
  • xm bus.jpg
    xm bus.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 222
  • sean pocketdish.jpg
    sean pocketdish.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 224
  • timessquare2.jpg
    timessquare2.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 197
  • versalaser2.jpg
    versalaser2.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 203
  • versalaser.jpg
    versalaser.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 185
  • hancox.jpg
    hancox.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 187
  • NAS2.jpg
    NAS2.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 188
  • NAS1.jpg
    NAS1.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 208
  • hancox.jpg
    hancox.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 222
  • boomchair2.jpg
    boomchair2.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 198
  • boomchair.jpg
    boomchair.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 214
  • airmouse2.jpg
    airmouse2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 178
  • airmouse1.jpg
    airmouse1.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 166
  • ugly george & scott 2.jpg
    ugly george & scott 2.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 203
  • HDN.jpg
    HDN.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 223
  • HDN2.jpg
    HDN2.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 213
  • helmetcam1.jpg
    helmetcam1.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 212
  • ugly george & scott.jpg
    ugly george & scott.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 217
  • ugly george.jpg
    ugly george.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 222
  • infocus4.jpg
    infocus4.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 186
  • infocus3.jpg
    infocus3.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 201
  • infocus2.jpg
    infocus2.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 222
  • infocus.jpg
    infocus.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 190
  • helmetcam2.jpg
    helmetcam2.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 205
  • helmetcam3.jpg
    helmetcam3.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 212
I spoke to the HDN crew (only 2 there)... They are freelancers as I did not recognize any of them. The girl told me "I am glad that someone is watching" :D

I hope Scott posts the slides of the top CE products (according to a survey they conducted). The list is very interested as they posted where they ranked last year compare to this year. Also the trend in consumers electronic this year seems to be less quantity but more dollars spent as Plasma Tvs and HDTVs seem to one of choices to electronic products that will boost these $$$ amounts. Guess which Electronic product came in first according to their survey?

That is one slide... There were severals... In the MP3 portable category the overwhelming favorite was IPOD. Nothing close came to it.

One funny thing was that someone suggested to put Blue Ray (Sony) and HD DVD (Toshiba) in the press conference in the same room in Jan 2006. Everyone got a laugh about it.

The funniest part of the press conference yesterday was when they started talking about Portable Media players, which reminded me I had my pocketdish with me, so I pulled it out and powered it up, other folks from the press were taking photos of it. I even got questions about it and one reporter told me the PocketDISH was one of the most interesting things he saw at yesterdays show. :D

...I like the wizard of oz...

<stares>

<waits for 24 hours of a christmas story...>

Anyways, Quick gripe. When i'm on the main page of the forum and I see what the newest post is, It shows "Pub Members FIRST LOOK - 2006..." for this forum...It may show the whole thing with a really wide monitor setting, but I would think people may be tempted to join the pub if they actually could get a glimpse as to what we're seeing that they aren't...That topic that I can see shows nothing. Can you drop the pub members part in the future? I know it's for pub members, that's the forum it's in. I would think if non-pubbers saw "FIRST LOOK - 2006 CES PREVIEW" they may be more than tempted to drop a buck in the jar...

Just my $.02

Scott Greczkowski said:
The funniest part of the press conference yesterday was when they started talking about Portable Media players, which reminded me I had my pocketdish with me, so I pulled it out and powered it up, other folks from the press were taking photos of it. I even got questions about it and one reporter told me the PocketDISH was one of the most interesting things he saw at yesterdays show. :D

are you hoping to get a check from dish for that :D

Purogrammer, you only see threads in the quick view that you have access to, so the non pub members see nothing

John Kotches said:
Was the Infocus projector a 720p or 1080p model?

The InFocus is a 480p model based on the EDTV logo on the rear. The ScreenPlay line is supposed to lose the business projector look and feel for next year.

I would like to see an inexpensive 720p DLP front projector. They are so expensive today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)