Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DirecTV is currently testing a new SWM switch that is going to make retailers who do installs at commercial establishments very happy.

It is a SWM 32 switch.

It is basically four SWM 8 switches combined into a single housing using one set of satellite inputs and one power supply.

The SWM32 has a set of Cascade out ports for additional switches.

No word when these will hit the streets, but hopefully soon. I know a few retailers who could use these now.

Attachments

• swm32-1.jpg
    swm32-1.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 1,773
  • swm32-2.jpg
    swm32-2.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 1,490
Last edited:
DirecTV is currently testing a new SWM switch that is going to make retailers who do installs at commercial establishments very happy.

It is a SWM 32 switch.

It is basically four SWM 8 switches combined into a single housing using one set of satellite inputs and one power supply.

The SWM32 has a set of Cascade out ports for additional switches.

No word when these will hit the streets, but hopefully soon. I know a few retailers who could use these now.
Per chance do you have more pictures that show the entire switch front,
back, and all sides?

Nice technological improvement. A few of our users would salivate at those for their homes, though pushing 32 tuners would make one wonder if you home is indeed a sports bar.

SO wouold that mean I can add more DVR's then the 4 I have now witout havingg to have D* come ourt for another sort of install?

It will probably be very expensive and targeted for MDU installs.

Detfan- you are probably best to look at two SWM8 modules if you want more than 4 DVRs.

Too big and too ugly .. my SWM5 is seamless

I wonder if you can split the signal two ways before these without locking it first...

It has cascade out ports, so you wouldn't need to. I am willing to bet it's just a set of high frequency splitters + power inserters + 4 swm-8s in one case. Nothing groundbreaking other than they crammed it all into one box.

...I am willing to bet it's just a set of high frequency splitters + power inserters + 4 swm-8s in one case. Nothing groundbreaking other than they crammed it all into one box.

That is what it looks like to me, and if I were to use them, then I would have to inventory at least one of these monsters as a spare, and if it developed a problem and I replaced it, I might not be able to leave the site and call the job complete until I had checked the operation of all 32 tuners connected to it.

As I see it, the application where this will be golden is in flush-mounted 24" x 24" x 4" boxes, since none of the current SWM splitting chassis fit in them.

Last edited:
Updates??

I was wondering if there were any updates to this product. If it's less than $480.00 it might be worth it ...just to save some time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts