FIRST LOOK: Dish 500+ Dish 1000+ and the Dish 1000.2!

Scott:

Thank you for the heads up. As a Floridian without East view I wonder if we will have any extra power in order to get the 129 here in South Florida. Did they mention anything about changes on the footprint?

Thanks

Sergio

The only thing that could help fringe areas (above and beyond larger dishes and better lnb's) is an increase in the transmission power on E5. That isnt going to be able to happen when its running all the transponders solo @ 129. They will need a better satellite or an augmented solution to overcome this issue. It is likely that some shuffling will occur in the near future with regards to satellite locations. E6 is doing nothing and E3 is hurting badly. I would expect E6 to go to E3 or E5's aide soon. They wont just leave it doing nothing.

-B

JohnH said:
Don't expect any 8PSK on AMC-16. QPSK and Turbo-Coded FEC QPSK, both at SR 26000.

Why do you expect this? E1/E2/E3/E5 runs 8PSK with less power/TP than AMC-16. They should be able to run 26000-28000 8PSK.

riffjim4069 said:
Sure, they'll provide you with the programming...you just need to provide the receivers, dishes, switches, etc. Of course, I'm sure they will be more than glad to help...with an 18 month commitment, of course!:rolleyes:

well I have two 211's already so if I need a new dish for more HD then they can give it to me free of course........they ask for anymore money then I'm gone

This is my set up:

I currently have two DISHPro 34 Switches. I have two Dish 500's. One has a Dish Pro Dual LNBF pointing at 61.5 and the other has a Dish Pro Twin LNBF pointing at 110 and 119.

In order to get 118.7, it looks like I will need to replace the Dish 500 that is pointing at 110 and 119 with a 510+ and replace the LNBF with a Dish Pro 500+ LNBF Assembly. Will there only be two cables coming from this Assembly? One from the Dual Ban LNBF 118.7 and 119 and another cable from the attached DP dual signal from 110.

If there are only two cables coming from the Dish500+, then the one cable coming from the Dish 500 that is pointing at 61.5 will work with the DISHPro Switches. Can anyone confirm it this set up will work or advise me what I will need?

So, tell us again how Floridians who cannot use a Dish 1000 are supposed to use a Dish 1000+ ?

JohnH said:
I beleive they will get 500 Mhz whether it is broken up into 24 or 32 Tps remains to be seen.

AMC-16 uses a 24 transponder layout.

It is traditional for Telesat Canada to use a 32 Transponder layout.

The Canadians threads have said for some time CanCom is moving some stuff off F1 to F3 to free up some space for SC on F1 and F2, so I cannot see how E* can be getting all 32 TPs.

HDTVFanAtic said:
So, tell us again how Floridians who cannot use a Dish 1000 are supposed to use a Dish 1000+ ?
You guys will get a 500+ instead, it has no 129 on it. All the HD including locals might be on 118.7 then.

ralfyguy said:
You guys will get a 500+ instead, it has no 129 on it. All the HD including locals might be on 118.7 then.

Thanks. That would be great. Do you think the Voom channels will be there too? There will be a lot of duplications. Some channels will be on the 61.5, 148, 129,121 and now 118.7. This is a LOT of bandwidth waste!!

slimoli said:
Thanks. That would be great. Do you think the Voom channels will be there too? There will be a lot of duplications. Some channels will be on the 61.5, 148, 129,121 and now 118.7. This is a LOT of bandwidth waste!!

Well in theory they would be able to have a single dish solution for the lower 48 with the plus series of dishes. The North East & FL could have their LiL HD on 118.7, all would have national HD on 118.7. Some markets would have LiL HD on 129, and some on E10 spots.

Eventually they would get back all the national HD space from 61.5/129/148. They could then add LiL HD to these satellites.

But, then of course who knows what dish will end up doing...

We will probably not hear of 118 officially until Team Summit which is the first week of June. In fact these new Dishes will not be announced officially until then eaither.

Ok Im on the Dish 1000 HD Sliver Plan. So folks with the Dish 1000 are going to need to go to the Dish 1000+ then?? This is just mainly to get the 118 Sat and do we know what HD content that will be on their?? Will the Dish 1000+ use the same mount as the 1000? What kind of deals are they going to do with current customers who want to go to the Dish 1000+?? It sounds like if your a current HD Customer and want all the new added HD well if they put it on the 118 then you will half to go to a 1000+. I guess if you dont then you can stay with a current 1000 or got to a 1000.2. But it sounds like the 118 going to get some HD so most folks will half to get a 1000+ I just hope they dont do a another price increase to get the HD on 118.. Since it sounds like your going to be out of pocket to get on a Dish 1000+. Do we know yet what in HD they plan on adding to the 118?? Also how much bigger is the 1000+ compaired to the 1000?? I hope Dish gets enough in stock and sent out so folks can get one so their is no big waite time.

Last edited:
Would Dish really makes us pay for the upgraded antenna if they change satellites? I know that seems like a dumb question, but they could just continue to do this every year to generate revenues. I would think that if they choose to change locations they would pay. Long shot?

Yeah I agree! Sine they just came out with the 1000 and new receivers most folks just now upgraded. So they should do a swap out for HD customers that have just upgraded their equipment again like you said a long shot. But really for me it all depends on what they do with the 118. Some folks might half to get the 118 to get certain things others might not. Anyway Thanks Scott for all the info keep up the good work everyone here at SatelliteGuys.

Maybe they will on put certain local HD on the 118. Since the local HD is what they are adding more of than any other thing. But I guess we will know in the next couple of weeks.

I do not see them charging if they move National HD to 118 for a new dish if you were just upgraded to Dish 1000... If done right Dish+ would pay for itself in reclaimed transponders.... Dish is spending a fortune for transponder (via building and leasing satellite space) capacity, if they were to have a way not to have to mirror content for most customers they would come out way ahead.

All I can say is this really is poor planning. I might hate D* for HDLITE and lack of HDLITE Content, but atleast they seem to have some long term thinking in place - unlike E*.

Who in their right mind comes out with a new dish for a new bird and then less than a year later comes out with another that is needed? That is just total lack of long term planning and a waste of financial resources.

Its sad that E* is trying to cobble together a network of Junkyard satellites while D* has a state of the art systems going up.

It makes me fear for what we might see out of these bozos in the future - especially with the horrors we have seen out of 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)