First Look: DishPro Plus 33 Switch

Wasn't it during the '06 Team Summit when they announced the DPP33 and SuperDish Repoint Kit?

Now that the Repoint Kit recently came out, I guess the DPP33 will be out by the '08 Team Summit. :D

EDIT:
We shouldn't forget about the DPP64 either.

Probably the new "MPEG4 Single Dish HD Service" and the new "IPTV Service" is changing the direction of the R&D Department.

couple of engineer told our field support guy that they were having issue with software, but that could be just bunch of BS.

However with this new switch, It seems a bit half assed backwards....

#1 It should have been designed to work with a DPP Twin. I know its cheaper to use it without it, but being that the DPP44 works with a DPP twin LNB, and that in the case a customer is adding a receiver to an existing DPP setup we should be able to use this switch without having to swap LNB's

The DPP Twin does NOT work with a DPP 44SW. If you install this it is a guaranteed TC12, after about 4 days it starts causing problems,and stops working. I've been on several TC's from new guys doing this set up.

Except for the 500+ and the 118.7 repoint kits, DP is the only LNB you can run to a switch. Period.

We can only use single or dual Dishpro LNB's in lower Baja. We need some of these DPP 33 switches so we can use a single cable to the dual receivers and DVR's, I have looked at several suppliers and can not find them offered! Any suggestions on where I might buy some....With our concrete homes, running additonal lines is not an easy operation, DPP separators would be a blessing and of course the diplexers would also same tons of work.....can anyone help us???

We can only use single or dual Dishpro LNB's in lower Baja. We need some of these DPP 33 switches so we can use a single cable to the dual receivers and DVR's, I have looked at several suppliers and can not find them offered! Any suggestions on where I might buy some....With our concrete homes, running additonal lines is not an easy operation, DPP separators would be a blessing and of course the diplexers would also same tons of work.....can anyone help us???

I don't think this switch is ever gonna be released. It's been almost 18 months since this thread was started and we still haven't heard anything about it. So a DPP44 might be the only solution.