FIRST LOOK - Hopper OTA Module

Got my dongle today. Installed and scanned and was able to pick up all expected channels and two others I didn't expect. Only the 2 others won't display a show, but apparently got enough signal to scan in somehow. Most of my signal strengths are between 75 & 100 % and I'm about 48 miles from the broadcast towers over rough terrain. So far looking real good.

Glad I nabbed one a few days ago. Hope it does not take long to restock or my family members who are starting to upgrade will be very disappointed.

Since I want the OTA module to be here with the installation, I guess I will wait until it is in stock. I wonder if the Pinacle USB tuner I have would work. I've had it on a computer for years to work as a DVR. I've seen some people refer to this as a dongle. And a true dongle is a program enabler, not a actual unit that works more than having an id in it.

You have to have the Hopper installed before you can order the module. Your account has to be changed to Hopper before the m,odule will appear in the on line store. I had a 2/3 system installed last Sat. Ordered 2 modules that evening. They came yesterday.

Here's another question. Got my modules yesterday. Went to install one of them using a usb hub attached to one of the rear ports. Scan found all the expected channels, but when I tried to watch them all I got was a black screen or extreme pixilation. Info showed 100% signal. Reinstalled the module thru the fron usb port and no problem. My sling's red light will not come on even though when I plug it in or out I get the correct on screen message.
Could I have a bad usb hub?

This is not good timing. I waited on the hopper for OTA, and am finally upgrading this Saturday, and now I won't have OTA. Any word on when they might be back in stock? Is there a chance my installer would have one on his truck? If I can't have OTA in time for Downton Abbey a month from now, I don't want the hopper yet. :(

This is not good timing. I waited on the hopper for OTA, and am finally upgrading this Saturday, and now I won't have OTA. Any word on when they might be back in stock? Is there a chance my installer would have one on his truck? If I can't have OTA in time for Downton Abbey a month from now, I don't want the hopper yet.
frown.gif

There is no time frame that we can provide, and it is very unlikely the tech will have one on his truck

This is not good timing. I waited on the hopper for OTA, and am finally upgrading this Saturday, and now I won't have OTA. Any word on when they might be back in stock? Is there a chance my installer would have one on his truck? If I can't have OTA in time for Downton Abbey a month from now, I don't want the hopper yet. :(
Your installer will not have the OTA on the truck..as mine did not and said none of them do. You're just going to have to be patient. If you can't, cancel the install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)