First Look: The New Weather Channel Interactive

i just called my wife at home to check to see if we have it, and we do have on our vip211. but the radar image it shows is just "regional" it still doesn't show a more zoomed in "local" radar. hope they fix this.

i just called my wife at home to check to see if we have it, and we do have on our vip211. but the radar image it shows is just "regional" it still doesn't show a more zoomed in "local" radar. hope they fix this.

The radar on 100 will stay the same however once they get local on the 8's on 214 up you will just see radar for your area.

Still no luck on my 411, not available to my receiver yet, wonder if they forgot about the people who got 411 receivers BEFORE the rest got their 211's (Same receiver basically)

OK this is one LONG ass thread... I have a 622, still as of yesterday don't have access to TWC Weather Interactive App ("Not available yet on this receiver check back later" or something), and nothing on the Weather channel itself. Is this out, or not?

If you do not have the weather app yet then you are not missing much. Trust me. The locals on the 8's is what everybody is wanting. I figure when everybody gets the weather app we will see the locals on the 8's added at that point.

Yea that's what I think too.Next week or the week after is when their suppose to roll the interactive weather out to the remaining 75% of receivers so we may have local on the 8's by Thanksgiving if this happens next week.

It just popped up on mine also. I swear I just checked 30 minutes ago and it wasn't activated yet. All in all it looks good.

I just got it on my 508. I clicked on it.....saw a loading screen and then my system spontaneously rebooted....

Now....I am acquiring satellites.......Loading the program guide.......

Ok.....I have it now. Totally underwhelming.....

This is Wednesday so maybe they rolled out the channel 100 TWC weather to the remaining OpenTv receivers today. Next step, locals on the 8's. I wonder if that will be a slow rollout like this last one was.

522 - Got it

The Weather Channel Interactive was activated on my 522 today. A little anticlimactic after all the buildup, but a cool feature and far better than instant weather. Can't wait for it to be active on 214, and if real local weather (like on the 8s, text, etc.) is really coming, that's doubly cool.