First Look: The New Weather Channel Interactive

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I can see the interactive mini screen on ch 100 dish.....but when I click select it goes to ch 214 and shows the overall channel and not local. Am I doing something wrong?

You need to go to the interactive screen with the six channels highlight news at the bottom then select twc weather to get ur local information! Hope this helps!

has anyone heard any update when (or perhaps "if" at this point) Dish will roll out the 2nd phase of the interactive local weather - where you can view your local weather directly from channel 214? I've done the channel 100 thing - and like the new local weather over the old version. But I would really prefer it to be naturally integrated in some way to the standard Weather Channel, channel 214.

The 301's are still having problems with the interactive weather on 100.The video freezes when it's on.This is a software glitch.Not only does it happen on my 301 but both of my fathers has the same problem.

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    600.1 KB · Views: 133
  • Great White Shark.jpg
    Great White Shark.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 115
  • untitled 2.bmp
    600.1 KB · Views: 147
  • gws3_b.gif
    gws3_b.gif
    147.6 KB · Views: 119
  • Hammerhead Shark Schools.bmp
    600.1 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Software upgrades seem to be frozen on the 301. 3.44 has been listed for over a month and I still don't have it on any of my 301s. Usually get the upgrades within about 2 weeks of the listing.

Software upgrades seem to be frozen on the 301. 3.44 has been listed for over a month and I still don't have it on any of my 301s. Usually get the upgrades within about 2 weeks of the listing.

I have a #301 receiver that is still at P3.43 also.

My 301 has P390.

It still will not remember my location on the weather channel interactive application and if I try and switch my location to another zip after the default one loads the system will reboot.

....after the reboot I can repeat through the cycle with no changes.

So....I can not load my real zip and the one that it defaults to takes 5 minutes to load after warning me this is "first time setup" every time......

Great application!

What is Happening, besides Nothing

Has anyone heard anything about when they might get the applicaion on channel 100?

In my opinion this feature is clumsy and slow. They need something like they implement on commercials where you can hit "select" and it brings up information whereas it's quick and convenient. I thought this feature would be an overlay that one could select when viewing Ch. 214 TWC but nope. Needless to say, I won't be using this feature much if at all since going to Channel 100 is more out of the way than anything else.

It's no telling when local on the 8's will come out on channel 214.I'm thinking by late Spring early Summer.

My guess on that would be a big no! ;)

actually I did look at a lot of the team summit posts, I will admit I did forget the last few pages he posted.

anyway for anyone who doesn't want to look thru 18 pages of other stuff, while just as fun to read, here is what Scott posted on the Local on 8's:

BTW it looks like the Weather on the 8's interactive feature is delayed until June now. But the reason for this is because the Weather on the 8s feature may do more just the weather on the 8's.

There is a POSSIBILITY that the Weather on the 8's trigger could be on every channel, but not to load up the Weather on the 8's but as an EAS service. This way if you live in Mud Lick Kentucky and there is a weather alert or other emergency you will be alerted of this issue no matter what channel you are tuned to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts