First Look: The New Weather Channel Interactive

This is a great feature and a great improvement over what we had. For those who say the local on the 8s will be the same as what we have now, look again. It has been stated clearly that local warnings/watches WILL be included. That is currently not the case so we know in that respect at least it will be different. Maybe I'll even tune into TWC more(I stopped when they went goofy on Global warming and hurricanes. As a person who studies hurricanes it is obvious there's been no increase in hurricanes, but sadly news outlets(including TWC, formerly a real good source) prefer sensationalism over facts.) Can't wait for local on the 8's.
It might make up for not having Cinemax HD in time for Star Wars.
Patrick

Sorry,, I have gone through this thread from top to bottom and still cannot understand how to tell if you have it. I went to channel 100 then chose TWC and clicked on it. It is still showing the same old weather channel.

We had our phone line hooked up yesterday, but I don't know if that has anything to do with whether we will get this or not.

Thanks

If you go under news and click on twc weather it should come up with the weather channel in the background.It looks a lot differnt then instant weather which is also still under the news section at number 1 with twc being 5.

In the next couple of months.Probebly Spring or early Summer.

a couple of month's would be january, mid summer is 1/2 yr. which sounds
more on track with dish:hatsoff: however as good as what we got is, it is just a
tease,dishnetwork has all the codes or we would not have gotten interactive
weather, the problem is dish enginers can't figure out how to do the overlay,
and they can't figure out how to make it come up automaticlly like cable w/o
pushing a button to make it come up full screen when local on the 8's come on,
i have read somewhere on here that dish has ALL the software it needs to do this
just waiting up in the sky to be sent down to us,i think that whoever made this
statement was just hopeful.i still feel that the interactive weather was a ploy to
get more customers from directv,and cable,and to sell more of their products that
they push on channel 100,as you i hope i am wrong about all that i have said here
but if i'm not then all i have to say to dish is " GIT-R-DONE''

Sometimes when it loads up on my 301 it shows teporarely unavailable for my zicode on the local conditions however it does show forcast,extended forcast,radar etc for my zipcode.When I go to a nearby zipcode for my area it shows the local conditions.I'm assuming this is just with the weather reporting station being down but I also wonder if it could be a glitch.Anyone else experience this?

Sometimes when it loads up on my 301 it shows teporarely unavailable for my zicode on the local conditions however it does show forcast,extended forcast,radar etc for my zipcode.When I go to a nearby zipcode for my area it shows the local conditions.I'm assuming this is just with the weather reporting station being down but I also wonder if it could be a glitch.Anyone else experience this?

same here, think it takes a few seconds to gather and load this info, this is what
they will have to fix before it goes on 214

:hatsoff: Greetings. I'm new here. I was just taking some time going thru some other threads when my email alerted me to new mail. I had sent Dish a question regarding this 'NEW' Weather Channel that's coming soon for us Sat's and here is their response, hot off the presses, just minutes old:

Question:
Just wondering, when this feature becomes active on channel 214, will we still be seeing what we currently see on channel 100 or will it be more like what cable subscribers see for their local on the 8's?

Answer:
Thanks for the email. The Local on the 8’s will actually be completely different from what you see on channel 100 and on cable. Once you are presented with the locals on the 8’s trigger you can select that and it will run through a short series of screens giving you your up-to-date weather information for the zipcode listed on your DISH Network account. After the series of screens are done you will be returned to regular viewing on channel 214.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or opinions.

Thanks,
Chris K.
DISH Network iTV

:hatsoff: Greetings. I'm new here. I was just taking some time going thru some other threads when my email alerted me to new mail. I had sent Dish a question regarding this 'NEW' Weather Channel that's coming soon for us Sat's and here is their response, hot off the presses, just minutes old:

Question:
Just wondering, when this feature becomes active on channel 214, will we still be seeing what we currently see on channel 100 or will it be more like what cable subscribers see for their local on the 8's?

Answer:
Thanks for the email. The Local on the 8’s will actually be completely different from what you see on channel 100 and on cable. Once you are presented with the locals on the 8’s trigger you can select that and it will run through a short series of screens giving you your up-to-date weather information for the zipcode listed on your DISH Network account. After the series of screens are done you will be returned to regular viewing on channel 214.

Hope this answers your question. Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or opinions.

Thanks,
Chris K.
DISH Network iTV

wonder if this will include live LOCAL radar?

Question:

Answer:

Thanks,
Chris K.
DISH Network iTV

i didn't see an ansewer to your question, did you ?

The asnwer may be in this thread but it is so long I can't find it. I have a 508. I set it up on DISH home but I get no prompt when Weather on the 8s is on Ch 214. Am I supposed to? What have I done wrong?

The asnwer may be in this thread but it is so long I can't find it. I have a 508. I set it up on DISH home but I get no prompt when Weather on the 8s is on Ch 214. Am I supposed to? What have I done wrong?
The feature on channel 214 has not been released yet. It appears as though the feature has to work on DiSH Home on all interactive receivers before they release the channel 214 app. in order to prevent gobblety-gook on some of the receivers.

The feature on channel 214 has not been released yet. It appears as though the feature has to work on DiSH Home on all interactive receivers before they release the channel 214 app. in order to prevent gobblety-gook on some of the receivers.
Gobblety-Gook is right. I haven't been able to use the Caller ID on my 625 since they added this feature. It just makes the picture go crazy everytime I get a call. Caller ID was fun while it lasted. I had to disable it. I'm sure the crack team of E* engineers will fix this with a software update. Not! :mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)