First Look: TV2 IR Converter Kit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This is exactly what I've been waiting for to use with my Slingbox and TV2 on my 622.

I've been yelled at so many times for changing the channel while my wife is watching: this would really solve two problems for me... remote viewing and marital distress! ;)

add me too please. I have two uses for this, one is to allow my tivo series 2 to record off of both inputs on my vip222, the other is to do what you mention Scott which is allow my slingbox to have independent control of the tv2 output so I don't affect people watching tv on tv1.

I plan to use it with my new Slingbox so that TV1 can remain untouched. We are gonna be gone at training all summer and will have people house-sitting for us, and I want them to be able to watch TV and me not mess it up! With the TV2 IR converter, we could do it!

I'd use it to control the TV2 which is in the other room that currently has to be controlled with RF. That would enable me to get another Harmony so that the wife doesn't have to try to remember how to use 3 different remotes in that room, either...

Funny, this reminds me of my first dish receiver (wow, that would be 11 years ago now!) that did not have IR control. I found specs online to add on an IR receiver (by soldering on to the main board in the box) so I could us it with my Pronto remotes...we've come a long way baby!

I would use this on my 622 so my Harmony remote could control TV2.

I would use this to connect my slingbox to TV2 on my ViP622, since dish seem incapable of making the tiny firmware change that would accomplish this on the box itself with no additional hardware needed.

I would use it to better control TV2 from my 722. Now I have to stand on my head with my legs crossed to get it to work correctly.

I have a lone 722 connected to all five televisions in my home (3 HDTVs and 2 SDTVs). I am using a custom built IR distribution system to control the 722 from any room with a TV. The 722's TV1 HD output driving my three HDTVs while TV2 RF output is connected to the home's coax to supply all TVs. In addition, I have Sony VL600 (programmable) remotes in every TV room -- so it would be really nice to be able to control both TV1 and TV2 with my VL600 remotes! Currently my TV2 remote is kept in the basement (when my two SD TVs are located) so I'm not able to watch TV2 on my upstairs TVs -- at least not with a lot stair climbing/decending.

Add me please. I have been waiting for these to come out. My boys manage to loose/break/distroy/dunk (don't ask) at least one UHF remote a year, this way I can start buying $14 Radio Shack remotes for their room.

My use

I would use so I would no longer have to go to the other side of my living room to change channels since the UHF doesn't reach far enough. Then my wife can watch her shows in the one room while I watch mine in the other!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts