First Look: TV2 IR Converter Kit

The problem is Harmony will assume you are on remote address 1, which is why it works on tv1, you will have to add another receiver as a device to your list for tv2, as far as Harmony is concerned the 2 tuners need to be treated as separate receivers. Someplace in the Harmony trouble shooting section you can click on something like "the remote doesn't respond to any commands" and the wizard will walk you through pressing several buttons on the original remote aimed at the Harmony and the database will match the commands with the correct remote address from their list. For this to work you need to take your tv2 remote and move the switch in the battery compartment to "ir" so it will output an ir signal. I have done this with a 722k and the tv2 ir converter kit and it works great, I also have ir distributed throughout the house so I can use a couple of different Harmony's on either tv1 or tv2.

Scott, We need to control 2nd TV with URC remotes (MX5000) and we need to hide dual receivers. Models that we are using are VIP722K and Duo322 and in both cases we need same solution. Is this a solution? We have another problem, 2nd TV has not Coax input. I want to do it through composite inputs?

Even if it were (is) compatible, why would you need it for a H/J setup?
My thinking was that one might have a hopper or joey connected two two different televisions (that are never in use at the same time) and want to be able to control it from two locations. And being able to do that could save on having to rent an additional joey. But alas it appears this device isn't compatible with the newer hardware. The reason I was asking is because I am preparing to "cut the cord" (switching to Sling TV + Netflix + OTA HTPC) so I will be selling off my DISH peripherals.

Thanks for all the replies...and for the award (from brad1138)! ;)

My thinking was that one might have a hopper or joey connected two two different televisions (that are never in use at the same time) and want to be able to control it from two locations. And being able to do that could save on having to rent an additional joey. But alas it appears this device isn't compatible with the newer hardware. The reason I was asking is because I am preparing to "cut the cord" (switching to Sling TV + Netflix + OTA HTPC) so I will be selling off my DISH peripherals.

Thanks for all the replies...and for the award (from brad1138)! ;)
You can connect multiple RF 40.0 remotes to the Hopper, and I am pretty sure the Joey too, so that would do what you are wanting.

You can connect multiple RF 40.0 remotes to the Hopper, and I am pretty sure the Joey too, so that would do what you are wanting.
True, but some people like the non-DISH remotes like their Harmony remotes. I have a Sony universal/programmable remote (with macros) that I am partial too, and it's easier for the wife if the exact same model remote is in every room -- so that's why I originally bought this item years ago (for my 722).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts