First openly gay professional athlete comes out while still playing

Who really cares. Do your job, pay your taxes and be a good decent human being and who cares what rocks your boat.
Atleast he's not leaving a trail of illegitimate children across the country.

Besides, didnt the term "baby mama" originate in the NBA?

Cheers,k

Who really cares. Do your job, pay your taxes and be a good decent human being and who cares what rocks your boat.
Atleast he's not leaving a trail of illegitimate children across the country.

Besides, didnt the term "baby mama" originate in the NBA?

Cheers,k

Hopefully nobody. I don't want to know who my teammates or opponents are bagging in their offtime, nor do I wish to know who they are tea-bagging for that matter. Keep private lives private.

Hopefully nobody. I don't want to know who my teammates or opponents are bagging in their offtime, nor do I wish to know who they are tea-bagging for that matter. Keep private lives private.

That would be all good. But the moment the game is and they need to go back to the locker room....that is were suddenly player may lose trust someone they have been a teammate for 3, 4 or 5 years.

That would be all good. But the moment the game is and they need to go back to the locker room....that is were suddenly player may lose trust someone they have been a teammate for 3, 4 or 5 years.

I have to call BS on that. Maybe it'll impact teammates that have never played with him before, but why should the announcement trump 3-5 years of experience as his teammate? If there's never been a problem before, then why would one suddenly believe that one would develop?

If anyone has seen the movie 42, one can see the parallels. I have a feeling that 50-60 years from now, people won't even comprehend why this is an issue (just as society now sees Jackie Robinson's acceptance into the MLB as progress in the right direction).

I'm already sick of hearing about it.It's all I heard on the sports shows today.He most likely won't be on an active roster next season anyway.Not due to his coming out,due to his 12 seasons in the NBA.

Great move to maybe revive a dead career for a guy who isn't any good and is getting old. Genius......

I heard Tim Tebow is available.The Bobcats might use him as a power forward.:D

What is going to be the monumental news is which team (if any) will now sign him with this knowledge. They will be the Brooklyn Dodgers of the NBA.
I would not go that far.

What Jackie endured and those times were much more extreme than anything he MAY experience.

Racism was much worse then than homophobia is now. Blacks were literally second class citizens in many states, not even allowed legally to attend many of the same things as whites.

Jackie never played baseball and neither did any other black player at that time. Jason has already played for 12 years and there are other gay players (they just haven't openly come out.)

I would not go that far.

What Jackie endured and those times were much more extreme than anything he MAY experience.

Racism was much worse then than homophobia is now. Blacks were literally second class citizens in many states, not even allowed legally to attend many of the same things as whites.

Jackie never played baseball and neither did any other black player at that time. Jason has already played for 12 years and there are other gay players (they just haven't openly come out.)
you got that right. comparing the plight of blacks to being gay is just ....
you must be too young to know.. or just uninformed.

Great move to maybe revive a dead career for a guy who isn't any good and is getting old. Genius......

Did you even read the statement he made? Being dismissive of the statement's expressed intent and adding cynicism to your interpretation of his motives ignores the courage that he is showing. There's a reason why there are no other active professional athletes that have come out.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I fail to see how teams are going to fall over themselves to go after a 12-year veteran who's averaged 3.6 ppg and 3.8 rebounds, and hasn't even hit half those numbers in the last few years...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)