First openly gay professional athlete comes out while still playing

and because now he has nothing to lose. see what you just posted is what would've made it a courageous move. either way i couldn't care less what he or any other athlete does in their private life. i don't understand the need for these announcements on people's sexuality. i really don't need to know...... i have to stop now because i'm heading into a direction where this isn't the correct platform for it and don't care enough to continue. no offense to anyone, just dealing with some issues here at work so you guys have at it :)

The thing about the announcement... Isn't always better to know upfront, where there is little or as little as possible innuendo ? I mean, he keeps it quiet... Then a teammates sees something outside of the arena and the rumors and the false stories start. I mean look how out of hand when it's just TRADE RUMORS....

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I have a friend who use to play for the NY Giants, and he tells me that when he played he wouldn't be surprised if half the guys in the locker room were gay... but it was just something they didn't talk about.

Booooooring.

The fact, in this time, that "coming out" is such a bid deal is a joke. Who cares. Sleep with who you want, just play sports, run for office and act in whatever movies you want. After that, shatup...

I almost forgot the best part. While you guys are patting this dude on the back, lets not forget how he lead a woman on for 8 years, was engaged to her, and has now pretty much humiliated her.

He's a coward, I see same sex teenagers showing PDA at the mall who have more cajones than this guy...

Booooooring.

The fact, in this time, that "coming out" is such a bid deal is a joke. Who cares. Sleep with who you want, just play sports, run for office and act in whatever movies you want. After that, shatup...
I agree.

Take Anderson Cooper. He never made any kind of deal about being gay. Even when he admitted it, he really said nothing about him. After all, it had nothing to do with his job, same as with Jason.

Whether he's straight or gay has absolutely nothing to do with his ability to play basketball. Therefore I see absolutely nothing newsworthy in any of this.

I agree.

Take Anderson Cooper. He never made any kind of deal about being gay. Even when he admitted it, he really said nothing about him. After all, it had nothing to do with his job, same as with Jason.

Whether he's straight or gay has absolutely nothing to do with his ability to play basketball. Therefore I see absolutely nothing newsworthy in any of this.

Apples and oranges. Anderson Cooper did not play/work in the macho world of professional sports. Lockerrooms are sacred. Alot of things OUTSIDE the eyes of the media and fans get settled, argued and fought in there. ANY professional athlete that has retired will tell you that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)