First post: Pertains to adding a DVR...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Otops

Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Hello guys!

Here's my situation, it's very simple. At the present time I have a single LNB dish with one receiver that's about five years old. It's worked beutifully for me. Now I'm ready to buy a DVR. I'm probably going to buy the R15.

From what I've read, it looks like I'm going to need a dual LNB cone. Not a problem I have one laying around here. I also have two 3x4 switches laying around somewhere.

My goal is to have two receivers running, one being a DVR. Am I in for an easy setup?

Simple guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Although your dish only has a single LNB, if it's only 5 years old it's most likely a dual output single LNB. If that's the case, all you need to do is run a 2nd line from the LNB and then connect both lines to the two sat inputs of one of your 3x4 multiswitches......then run two of the outputs from the switch to the DVR and one to the standard receiver, it's that simple.

If in fact the dish you have now only has a single output it will need to be replaced since the multiswitch needs two inputs from the dish in order to work.

Thank you Vin,

I was planning on removing my single LNB and replacing it with a dual anyway. My brother-in-law switched over to HD DirecTV three weeks ago and gave me his LNB. With the dual the transition will be easier, correct?

I'd just run both outputs to both inputs on the switch and than I could branch off four outputs, two to each receiver. Right?

Right, the two outputs from the dish connect to the two inputs of the multiswitch giving you 4 outputs, enough for two DVRs if you decide to replace your existing standard receiver with a 2nd DVR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)