First press of skip forward, backward ignored on Joey3

JJinVista

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
When I press skip forward or skip backward, my Joey3 stutters and ignores the command. Successive commands are acted upon... until at least 20 seconds goes by without any remote presses. Then the problem will occur again if I hit those buttons.
I'm running Joey software J560 downloaded 8/8. My Hopper3 is running H360 downloaded 8/7.

A similar problem was previously reported with the Hopper, software version H357.
Hopper 3 - 10 Sec. Skip Back
I believe my Joey has had this problem ever since around the time of the H357 software update when both the Joey3 and the Hopper3 had such transport issues.

Anybody else?

When I press skip forward or skip backward, my Joey3 stutters and ignores the command. Successive commands are acted upon... until at least 20 seconds goes by without any remote presses. Then the problem will occur again if I hit those buttons.
I'm running Joey software J560 downloaded 8/8. My Hopper3 is running H360 downloaded 8/7.

A similar problem was previously reported with the Hopper, software version H357.
I believe my Joey has had this problem ever since around the time of the H357 software update when both the Joey3 and the Hopper3 had such transport issues.

Anybody else?
I have two Hopper3 receivers both on H360 and a Joey3 on J560 software. I tested trick play with my Joey3 on both of my Hopper3 receivers and had no problems. The initial press works fine on all 3 units. Skip forward does 30 seconds each time the remote is pressed and skip back does 10 seconds each press.

Anybody else?

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have been having the same problem for a few weeks now on both Hopper 3 and Joey for ship backwards only.
Skip forward seems to work fine.
Also hopper and Joey seem to be overall slower to respond to remote commands.

Reactions: charlesrshell