It's 12:15pm MDT and did your HwS reboot . . . .

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SandFarmer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 21, 2009
The Beach.
I had something on in the background and all of a sudden dead air and a black screen. I wasn't really sure what was happening so I was just going to leave it alone for the time it takes to reboot and it did. What's this all about? The random 1am unsolicited reboots are bad enough, but now that it could happen at anytime for no reason. What next, will it tune to channels that it wants to watch for me?

Reactions: xfoneguy
I usually leave my tv and Dish on all night. It's kind of like white noise to me and helps me sleep. I woke up this morning to the totally black screen. I hit the power button a few times and it went to the normal screen saver screen. From there I was able to get it powered back on again. This was on a Joey 2.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I had something on in the background and all of a sudden dead air and a black screen. I wasn't really sure what was happening so I was just going to leave it alone for the time it takes to reboot and it did. What's this all about? The random 1am unsolicited reboots are bad enough, but now that it could happen at anytime for no reason. What next, will it tune to channels that it wants to watch for me?
Sounds like just a random crash. Doesn't happen very often for me -- maybe 3-4 times total since I've had the H3 (over 6 months).

Sounds like just a random crash. Doesn't happen very often for me -- maybe 3-4 times total since I've had the H3 (over 6 months).
Mine reboots at all times of the day. Usually right when you want to watch something. As far as crashing, I get lock ups that only a Red Button Reset will fix.

Sent from my S61Pro using Tapatalk

Mine reboots at all times of the day. Usually right when you want to watch something. As far as crashing, I get lock ups that only a Red Button Reset will fix.

Sent from my S61Pro using Tapatalk
My Hopper 2000 when I had it from November 2012 to February 7, 2016 always rebooted at 1:00AM local time. The Hopper H3 which I have set for 1:00AM time since February 7, 2016 appears only to reboot at that time only the first years or so. Then it will reboot whenever it wants to and most times recently, it will be after close to 48 hours of the last reboot when it will show a popup that says Ooops, something is wrong and saying the receiver did not reboot and it will reboot in 45 seconds and there is no option to delay it and reboot. This was the response from DISH on Facebook Messenger when I mentioned it a week ago:
"The Daily Reset Time is an estimation for the time of the update. For example, if the Daily Reset Time is set for 3:00am, then the receiver should reset anytime in the hour between 3:00-4:00am. Any TV activity (i.e. timers, joey activity, or any tuners in use) during the hour before, the hour of, or the hour after the Daily Reset Time may delay the update time by 1+ hours"