First Reactions to OS X Mountain Lion 10.8

Just tried out Amazon Instant video over Airplay. Worked great. of course to use it I can't be using the laptop, but it works. :)

I installed this afternoon. Now I can't use the PS3 media server anymore. I get a message saying "PS3 media server can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer". That was the only server I've been able to find that works with my hopper. Dang it!!! Anybody know if a work around?

I installed this afternoon. Now I can't use the PS3 media server anymore. I get a message saying "PS3 media server can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer". That was the only server I've been able to find that works with my hopper. Dang it!!! Anybody know if a work around?

Change your Security & Privacy settings:

system-prefs-security-general-app-signing.png

Installing now on Mac Pro...still need to restore...but 4.34 gigs Downloaded in 40 minutes man I love uverse!

Got it updated, then like a idiot did a complete system restore from time machine and went back to lion! so I will wait to do it again today I gave up at 3:30 am

Just tried out Amazon Instant video over Airplay. Worked great. of course to use it I can't be using the laptop, but it works. :)

I'm soooo jealous!! My 2009 iMac isn't supported for that function! :(

I can imagine that this one feature will turn out to be huge. Not just for the ability to mirror videos from sources not generally available to the AppleTV, but think about a classroom. Run one Mac and mirror the video to a big screen for the class to see while you operate it. Show and tell gone wild!! :)

I need another computer like I need another hole in my head, but this may just make me get a new Mini!

it wasnt last night :censored::censored::doh::doh::censored::censored:

I know how you feel. My Hackintosh works with a basic ML install, but once I start installing drivers, it panics.

Unfortunately, my Time Machine backup had the exact opposite problem...it wont let me restore!

I know how you feel. My Hackintosh works with a basic ML install, but once I start installing drivers, it panics.

Unfortunately, my Time Machine backup had the exact opposite problem...it wont let me restore!

Having to install drivers..... that sounds so much like windows. :)

Good luck.

Having to install drivers..... that sounds so much like windows. :)

Good luck.

Yes! I was hoping it wouldn't be necessary with native Ivy Bridge support in ML. But Im not willing to shell out a ton of $$ for a Mac Pro. This is mainly just to play with.

I have less than $500 into my Hackintosh. If it ends up not working out, I will have a very nice desktop to use somewhere and I'm only out the $50 I spent on Lion and ML.

ouch...I hate the feeling that a backup is corrupt or wont go back where it should

It kept saying it was "in use" or something like that. I just ran another re-install last night. Ill try another backup of that when I get home today.

Yes! I was hoping it wouldn't be necessary with native Ivy Bridge support in ML. But Im not willing to shell out a ton of $$ for a Mac Pro. This is mainly just to play with.

I have less than $500 into my Hackintosh. If it ends up not working out, I will have a very nice desktop to use somewhere and I'm only out the $50 I spent on Lion and ML.

Fair enough.

The hardware prices on Macs is painful, no doubt. Indeed, my kid was telling me he wants a Mac for Christmas. I told him if he gets one it will be a mini. He then gave me grief about wanting portability - I told him he can come up with the additional $1000 for a decent MBP. :)

Updated my MBPro when the GM version came out earlier this month. 0 issues to date. Took all of last night to update my 3 minis, iMac, and 1 mini server (running Plex Media server) to ML server - 0 issues and everything working so far really nicely.

Powernap apparently worked last night, as when I grabbed my air this morning, it was warm.

I turned the feature off. I do not have any need for it to be doing updates at night.

Well, I got my issues worked out. The big issue was the video driver. the HD4000 drivers are included in ML, but I had my BIOS settings wrong, so it wasn't detecting it, and also causing the panic. Once I got my BIOS settings correct, all was good! Got just a few apps loaded so far. Office for Mac 2011 is beautiful! Sync'd Firefox with my PC. I have some audio issues in QuickTime, but VLC plays everything...including dvr-ms files from my Media Center PC.

Well, I got my issues worked out. The big issue was the video driver. the HD4000 drivers are included in ML, but I had my BIOS settings wrong, so it wasn't detecting it, and also causing the panic. Once I got my BIOS settings correct, all was good! Got just a few apps loaded so far. Office for Mac 2011 is beautiful! Sync'd Firefox with my PC. I have some audio issues in QuickTime, but VLC plays everything...including dvr-ms files from my Media Center PC.

Good for you!

I am guessing you were not running Office on your Hackintosh before?

I'd say you were the first person I have ever heard refer to Office as beautiful. :) When I first got it installed, I found the UI confusing. I had actually gotten used to the "ribbon" on the PC; and I ended up migrating to an old Mac word processor, but currently updated, called Nisus Writer Pro 2.0.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)