First Reactions to OS X Mountain Lion 10.8

I does not appear that it took care of the battery problem. :(

In the morning when I get up I take my laptop and eat and get ready for work. Before ML my battery was down from 100% to 98%. After ML for the same time going to the same sites the battery is down to 83%.

I wonder if this problem differs with the Retina pro's as opposed to other machines. I have not noticed a huge problem with my 2011 Air. Yesterday I was using it unplugged for 2+ hours, and was connected to a thunderbolt drive for a good hour and went from 98 to 53 percent in that time. Considering the work I was doing, I did not think it bad.

Going to test right now. Intend to be writing for the next hour or so, and am currently plugged in at 99%. Will see how quickly it drops.

I does not appear that it took care of the battery problem. :(

In the morning when I get up I take my laptop and eat and get ready for work. Before ML my battery was down from 100% to 98%. After ML for the same time going to the same sites the battery is down to 83%.
It does appear to have fixed it on our MBP. I would have to use it a little more to confirm.

I've been working unplugged for 30 minutes, using internet, writing, run stats in SPSS, brightness at about 85%. 10% battery drop. I don't think my machine is having the drain problem. We'll see where I am in another 30 minutes...

Thirty minutes later, similar work patterns, down to 78%. Less than 25% drain in 1 hour of constant work. Yeah, no problem here.

I setup the mouse to do the same thing - to swipe between pages in Safari 6. Opened a new window. Loaded up five or six pages in the same tab. Then swiped back and forth, got back to the first page, and tried to swipe beyond it. Nothing.

I also tried with the magic trackpad. Same results.

I'll keep playing, but can't seem to replicate the problem.
Interesting, it's very repeatable on my system. Maybe a clean install is in order...

I better check my DSL data cap to see if I'm getting close to my limit. I have not noticed any battery issues with ML on my 2011 MacBook Air. I charge the Air about once a month based on my usage.

Mac App Store time!

I better check my DSL data cap to see if I'm getting close to my limit. I have not noticed any battery issues with ML on my 2011 MacBook Air. I charge the Air about once a month based on my usage.

Mac App Store time!

I don't think its a big download, but I could be wrong. I have been, from time to time. :)

ARS Technica reports confirmation that there is improved battery life under 10.8.1, but still a 38% reduction for the retina-pro models vs under Lion.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/0...-improve-battery-life-for-some-mac-notebooks/

If I were a betting man, I'd certainly be willing to put money on the idea that that uber-high resolution screen and the power it requires is the culprit. But I still am often amazed that they did not see this in months of testing ML.

The update came in around 119 MB each for my Air and Mac Mini. It took only minutes to download the update and four minutes to install.

I'll need a few days to evaluate the battery life on the Air.

Foxbat said:
The update came in around 119 MB each for my Air and Mac Mini. It took only minutes to download the update and four minutes to install.

I'll need a few days to evaluate the battery life on the Air.
I found the reason my update was larger than what some people have reported for 10.8.1: it also included an update for my HP printer.

Also, so far the battery on my MBA seems normal, but I never noticed any less time using Mountain Lion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts