First Rumor of 2009 - 922 Screenshot?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Anyways since we are known for our rumors lets kick off 2009 with a good one, take a look at the screen shot below, it is believed that what you are looking at there is the very first known screenshot of the upcoming 922. As you can see the screen is not done yet, but gives you a good idea of the look they are going for with the redisigned interface.

Remembering that this screenshot shows an unfnished design tell us what you think about it, what you like and what you don't. Also feel free to share any ideas you might have or changes you would make.

Happy New Year!

Original Version

attachment.php

This is how they should do it

By moving the program information up into the black area, you can get more real estate for 2 more channel listings in the guide.

watermark.php

@LASooner - thanks for blowing up the remote.

I agree that the remote design is rather lame. But I like the idea of a touchPAD on the remote, if it is, in fact, a touchPAD. However, from what I can tell from the grainy pic, there appears be navigation bars on the "touchPAD". This would suggest that it might be a touchSCREEN after all. But those could be manual buttons or scroll wheels outside the touchPAD area. It's hard to tell from the pic.

But if it is truly a touchPAD, I highly recommend DISH get back to their roots and copy/implement someone else's technology, mainly the new MacBook's touchPAD technology (similar to iphone), which allows for two- and three- finger swipe/pinch zoom/scroll/etc. Other touchpads I have seen can only process a single contact point at a time, not multiple independent contact points on the pad.

Our LSC in West Allis, WI. had all the techs take a little 60 question test too see how much we know about computers and networking. I assume this is for the upcoming 722s (or 922), I think in the coming months Dish is going to be educating their techs on the use of this new receiver and installing home networks. This kind of brings me back to the A T & T Home Zones. This should be a pretty cool receiver and I for one will hopefully get the chance to upgrade my 722 when these are made available.

I love the current remotes and guide format. If it turns into the crap I had to suffer through at my in-laws over the holiday (ala comcastic dvr) that would be a huge leap backwards.

@LASooner - thanks for blowing up the remote.

I agree that the remote design is rather lame. But I like the idea of a touchPAD on the remote, if it is, in fact, a touchPAD. However, from what I can tell from the grainy pic, there appears be navigation bars on the "touchPAD". This would suggest that it might be a touchSCREEN after all. But those could be manual buttons or scroll wheels outside the touchPAD area. It's hard to tell from the pic.

But if it is truly a touchPAD, I highly recommend DISH get back to their roots and copy/implement someone else's technology, mainly the new MacBook's touchPAD technology (similar to iphone), which allows for two- and three- finger swipe/pinch zoom/scroll/etc. Other touchpads I have seen can only process a single contact point at a time, not multiple independent contact points on the pad.

It appears to be a channel button.

http://www.slingmedia.com/docs/CP/1333/TOUCHPAD_REMOTE_ECHO_922.JPG

Nice work, though we don't know maybe E* needs that two blank spots for ads:)

they might be saving that space to put the "widgets" or whatever they call them, weather, browser, etc...? who knows, it may be completely different when the 922 is available. but it does look very promising. :)

I, myself, do not like channel logos on a guide. After all, the channel logos on channels change alot but I don't see Dish changes the logos on the guide...just my peeve. If the logo changes on the channel, update the guide. Directv has channels like that on their guide. I am not a fan of this guide or remote, I like what they have now.

Be interesting to see if it's still possible to use a universal remote, like my Harmony One, with this new UI. The touchpad/trigger is quite a break from traditional remote designs.

Be interesting to see if it's still possible to use a universal remote, like my Harmony One, with this new UI. The touchpad/trigger is quite a break from traditional remote designs.

I asked the same question, and supposedly a standard universal remote will work just fine and you can scroll through the menu's normally.

IF this comes out respectably prices (under $200), I'm all over it.
And if it works as advertised (along with the new satallite at 129), I will be willing to forgive E* for the failure of 150 channels, and the yearly price hike.
This set looks like it'll be awesome.
I love that it'll accept movies from an external drive hooked up to my current 622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)