First Sony Blu-Ray Recorder Won’t Play Protected Blu-Ray Movies

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
PS: HD-DVD is the same disc as the DVD disc, with 0.6mm thick protective layer. It's not good but we know DVDs are not that horrible but Blu-Ray discs have only 0.1mm cover layer. That's scary...

That's why, the little I have seen of BluRay as a storage media, the disks have always been handled in cassettes. Even then, they still have an unacceptable rate of errors.
With a protective layer that thin, even cassette handling is dangerous. I have to agree, tape is much more reliable, regardless of cost or storage space. Lost bytes means bad news.
(On the PS3 front, I found it hysterical that a Game Informer article was praising the Connect Network for it's lag free play. It better be lag free at this point, there are only a couple hundred development systems out there. If the network were lagging already, Sony is in for huge problems. It's kind of like saying Vista is going to be great, because I have not had one crash yet. (Of course, I'm not running it, but why should that matter?))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts